The Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint Jacques 2002 from Rousseau is still quite youthfull. In the nose fine ripe red fruits – strawberries and razberries coulis style, a hint of gooseberries and cherries. The bouquet is quite open, but th fruit is quite tight. On the palate very focused and pure fruit, quite tight and linear with good minerality and length. A wonderfull wine – but still needs time to develop more complexity.
Buy this wine – stores and prices
Prices and store information is provided by wine-searcher.com
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Lavaux St. Jacques 2005 June 3, 2016
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Clos St. Jacques 2005 June 2, 2016
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Clos St. Jacques 2007 February 25, 2016
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Chambertin Clos de Beze 1993 February 15, 2016
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Gevrey Clos Saint Jacques 2013 December 11, 2015
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Gevrey Clos Saint-Jacques 2000 October 19, 2015
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Gevrey Clos St. Jacques 2004 February 13, 2015
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Clos de la Roche 2004 February 12, 2015
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Le Chambertin 1997 January 10, 2015
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Gevrey Lavaux St. Jacques 2007 July 23, 2014
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Gevrey Clos Saint Jacques 2007 February 3, 2014
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Gevrey Laveaux St. Jacques 2011 January 29, 2014
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Ruchottes Chambertin 2000 October 28, 2013
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Chambertin 2002 October 14, 2013
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Gevrey Les Cazetiers 2010 February 1, 2013
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Chambertin 2011 November 13, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Chambertin Clos de Beze 2011 November 13, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Clos Saint Jacques 2011 November 12, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Clos de la Roche 2011 November 12, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Ruchotte Chambertin 2011 November 11, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Mazis Chambertin 2011 November 11, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Charmes Chambertin 2011 November 11, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Laveaux Saint Jacques 2011 November 11, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Gevrey Chambertin 2011 November 11, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Chambertin-Clos de Bèze 2008 September 1, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Clos Saint-Jacques 2002 March 24, 2012
- Domaine Armand Rousseau, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Saint-Jacques 1996 November 8, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Rousseau, Chambertin Clos de Bèze Chambertin or Clos de Bèze? .. a relevant question .. however the reply is fairly simple – both please! Rousseau is one of the only producers who have large holdings of both vineyards – and these holdings are amongst the very best within the respective appellations. I have already taken a closer look at the mighty Chambertin ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Armand Rousseau Chambertin Two words – Rousseau and Chambertin – expectations are building up, great wine ahead. While Domaine Armand Rousseau is a legendary estate in Burgundy, the history of the family holdings on Chambertin is rather limited seen in a Burgundian timeframe, as the ownership dates back to the early 1920s. Three great people, Armand Roussau, Charles Rousseau ...
- The other mysterious bottling from Domaine Armand Rousseau Burgundy is a facinating place, and even very famous producers like Domaine Armand Rousseau have “secret” wines that are not sold commercially. We already covered the Gevrey-Chambertin Clos du Chateau, but there is actually another even more unknown Rousseau bottling … the Bourgogne Blanc. Domaine Armand Rousseau Bourgogne Blanc It appears that Domaine Rousseau produce a – presumably ...
- The “secret” wine of Domaine Armand Rousseau Domaine Armand Rousseau is one of the most well known and prestigious domaines in Burgundy. The wines from this Domaine are known all over the world … except one almost “secret” wine. It is a Gevrey-Chambertin like many other wines from Rousseau … and the first vintage was 2012 … it’s made from vineyards surrounding a ...
- In the glass – 2011 vs 2012 red Burgundy I was very impressed and delighted when I tasted the 2012 reds from cask, and recent tastings of the first 2012s from bottle more than confirm the very positive first impressions. This week we had a modest and relaxed lunch at Restaurant Enomania in Copenhagen, and we had a few top end 2011s and some ...
- Gevrey-Chambertin Le Clos Saint-Jacques … almost grand cru One of the most famous 1er crus in Burgundy is Gevrey-Chambertin Le Clos Saint-Jacques. This fine reputation is primarily build by Domaine Armand Rousseau, who makes a magnificent wine from this vineyard. There are however also other fine wines from this terroir – so lets explore the history and ownership a bit further. Photo: View from ...
- Tasting of Domaine Armand Rousseau 2011 from Cask Domaine Armand Rousseau is one of the iconic producers in Burgundy, and have maintained this position for decades. Under the leadership of Eric Rousseau they have furthermore improved the quality of the entry level wines, and the whole lineup is now among the very best in the Cote de Nuits. I have never visited Armand ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...