The Chambolle La Combe d’Orveaux 2012 is a magnificent effort from Bruno Clavelier … one of the very best wines I have tasted from this fine domaine. The bouquet is bursting with layers of juicy red berry fruit … very forward, airy and expressive … all intensified by the powerful minerality from the vineyard located just south of and above Petits Musigny. On the palate layers of open, rich and velvet fruit – very expressive and charming … with the very powerful minerality as a focusing element. Its long, powerful and intense – a stony fist in velvet fruit. In my view very close to grand cru level … very accessible for a young Clavelier.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 August 11, 2014
- Bruno Clavelier, Chambolle Musigny La Combe d’Orveaux 2012 July 29, 2014
- Bruno Clavelier, Chambolle Musigny La Combe D’Orveaux 2008 April 16, 2014
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne-Romanee Les Hauts de Beaux Monts December 2, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne-Romanee Hautes Maizieres 2011 November 28, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne-Romanee La Montagne 2011 November 26, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne Romanee Les Hautes Maizieres 2010 August 27, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne Romanee Aux Brulee 2009 August 19, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Gevrey Chambertin Les Corbeaux 2009 August 17, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Bourgogne Rouge 2011 August 4, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Chambolle Les Corbeaux 2011 July 30, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 July 28, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Corton Rognets 2011 July 26, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras 2011 July 24, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne Romanee Aux Brulee 2011 July 23, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne-Romanee La Combe Brulee 2011 July 19, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Chambolle Musigny Les Noirots 2011 July 17, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne-Romanee Les Hautes Maizieres 2011 July 14, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne Romanee Hautes de Beaux Monts 2011 July 13, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Chambolle Musigny La Combe d’Orveaux 2011 July 10, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Bourgogne Chardonney 2011 July 8, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras 2002 July 7, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne Les Hauts de Beaux Monts 2009 July 3, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2010 January 7, 2013
- Bruno Clavelier, Chambolle Musigny Le Combe D’Orveaux 2007 September 6, 2011
- Bruno Clavelier, Bourgogne Rouge 2009 August 30, 2011
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne Romanee Aux Brulees 2008 August 6, 2011
- Bruno Clavelier, Vosne Romanee La Combe Brulee 2009 August 5, 2011
- Bruno Clavelier Vosne Les Hautes Maizieres small vertical Spring, Sun … and a one weeek Burgundy trip ahead – and quite a few interesting articles in the pipeline – what is not to like! This is an article about a small vertical with four Bruno Clavelier Vosne-Romanée Les Hautes Maizieres – including the vintages 2011 to 2014. As a side story: I began to ...
- Collins Corner #6 – Vosne-Romanee Haut Maizieres … Is the map of famous vineyards in Burgundy deceptive? My curiosity has always been aroused by the ‘unknown’ vines right next door. When you are standing in a hallowed plot, and a very short distance away is a big, old, symbolic vine that looks like it was born in another century….you can’t help ...
- La Combe d’Orveau – village, 1er cru and a part of Musigny The Chambolle-Musigny La Combe d’Orveau is one of the hidden gems of Cote de Nuits. Only a few producers make wine from this slightly overlooked terroir and a part of of the climate is now a part of a “rather” well known grand cru. The grand cru is of course Musigny and the story about ...
- Visit at Domaine Bruno Clavelier – March 2013 I have followed Bruno Claveliers wines for quite some time now, and really enjoy and admire the pure terroir driven style of this fine Domaine. I was therefore very exited when I had the opportunity to visit Domaine Bruno Clavelier the day after Trilogie en Cote de Nuits – to taste some more of his ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...