The Vosne-Romanee Les Petits-Monts 2012 from Sirugue represent another step up in quality for Domaine Sirugue. The bouquet is offering pure juicy red fruit … intense with lovely Vosne minerality and spices – notes of violets, peony rose and a hint of oak. On the palate layers of rich fruit – medium weight – focused by a lovely minerality. A very charming effort with a lovely expression of Vosne terroir – a delightful 1er cru.
The Vosne-Romane Les Petits Monts 2012 from Georges Noellat is a gorgeous expression of the terroir and the vintage. The nose is offering lovely juicy red and dark berry fruit, a lovely Vosne spicyness and a well integrated touch of oak. On the palate fine concentration with a delightful silky and pure fruit. Love the energy and refined expression of the 2012 fruit … juicy and silky. Not a big a dense 1er cru … its delicate and effortless … just the way I like it.
The Vosne Romanee Les Petits Monts 2011 from Sirugue is showing very well. In the bouquet a playful mixture of red and dark fruits – spiced with a lovely filigree minerality, hints of cinnamon, horseradish and toasted oak. On the palate quite lightfooted and refined with a good midpalate fruit and a lovely display of terroir. Is lacking a bit of concentration and weight compared to the very best wines from this appelation – but it’s pure, transparent and offer a very nice drinkability. Bottom line – a charming Petits Monts in the making – enjoy!
The Vosne Romanee Petits Monts is my favorite wine in the Forey lineup. The bouquet is very expressive with red and darker forest berries – lovely Vosne spices with notes of violets and peony rose. On the palate a very good energy and nerve in the lovely red fruit. Fine depth in the fruit – love the playful minerality and fresh acidity … a really beautiful wine.
The Vosne-Romanee Petits Monts from Regis Forey is a real beauty and perhaps my favorite wine in the 2010 lineup. The bouquet is slightly closed but still very expressive with red berry fruits, good minerality spiced with violets with hints of peony rose. On the palate very elegant and refined with lovely red fruit supported by a playful minerality and a focusing acidity. The fruit is juicy and very energetic with a lovely core of sweet berries and finely grained ripe tannins. A truly beautiful wine.
The Vosne Les Petit Monts is always a very charming wine – and the 2011 is no exception. In the bouquet loads of refined jelly fruit aromas and notes of pommegranate, allspice and peony rose. On the palate lovely lush fruit balanced by a refined minarality and a quite fresh acidity. Very elegant, with a lot of finesse.
The Petit-Monts from Drouhin is one of the best wines from Drouhin. This magnum 2007 was however slightly disappointing. The bouquet was slightly closed but showing pure and ripe pinot fruit. On the palate one could hope for a little more concentration, and it’s lacking some freshness like a lot of 2007 reds. Fine minerality, and medium length – a nice drinkable but not very memorable wine.
(Drink from 2017) Very Good – 89p
Tasted 28/09/2011 at Gustavs Bistro
The 2010 Les Petit Monts is a very fine effort from Liger-Belair. Very fine minarality, elegant, with a lot of finesse. Lovely wine.
92 – 94p (2016 – 2030) CASK
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2008 September 16, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne La Colombiere 2012 July 28, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne La Colombiere 2011 June 27, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2012 May 6, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2008 April 12, 2014
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Echezeaux Louis-Michel Liger-Belair is in my view producing one of the very best wines from the large and very diverse Echezeaux vineyard. First vintage was 2006 and quality improving year after year arriving at a truly outstanding level from 2010 and onwards.A very interesting wine in many ways … so lets take a closer look at the ...
- La Tâche – a historic view on a legendary grand cru La Tâche is a legendary grand cru with a quite interesting history. It has always been a monopole – but nevertheless the monopole status have been challenged and the vineyard expanded quite dramatically within the last 100 years.The history of La Tâche involves some of the most prominent domaines in Vosne, the neighburing Les Gaudichots ...
- In the glass – 2011 vs 2012 red Burgundy I was very impressed and delighted when I tasted the 2012 reds from cask, and recent tastings of the first 2012s from bottle more than confirm the very positive first impressions.This week we had a modest and relaxed lunch at Restaurant Enomania in Copenhagen, and we had a few top end 2011s and some ...