The Echezeaux 2012 from Cecile Tremblay is a gorgeous effort … her wines seems to get more focused and refined each year. The nose is crammed with asian spices, raspberries, red currant and elderberries … supported by a deep earthy minerality. On the palate rich and forward fruit … juicy with a lovely energy and intensity. The fruit is weighty and vibrant – offering a lovely transparent view to the fine terroir. Very impressive … but first and foremost juicy and delightful. Really like the style
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Cécile Tremblay, Echezeaux 2014 May 24, 2016
- Cecile Tremblay, Echezeaux 2012 May 19, 2014
- Cecile Tremblay, Echezeaux 2011 May 18, 2014
- Cecile Tremblay, Morey-Saint-Denis Tres Girard 2011 March 6, 2014
- Cécile Tremblay, Vosne Romanee Vieilles Vignes 2007 January 28, 2012
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Cecile Tremblay Chapelle-Chambertin This article is about one of the overlooked Gevreys Grand Crus and one of the slightly forgotten wines of a prominent “Vosne” estate located in Morey-Saint-Denis. I’m of cause referring to the the sensual and sexy Chapelle-Chambertin from Domaine Cecile Tremblay. To be honest I find more and more detail and pleasure from the wines of ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...