The Cuvée Vieilles Vignes 2012 is still very young with the oak slightly forward in the bouquet. The fruit is rich and ample in the nose – dense yet some transparency under the quite forward oak. On the palate silky fruit – quite firmly structured by the tannins. It’s a big, vinous and muscular wine .. weighty yet the acidity seems to do a fine job here .. maintaining the balance and juiciness. Will most certainly need time to unfold … even more so than the 2013 it seems.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2009 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2012 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2013 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2015 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Cuvée Classique 2015 July 22, 2016
- Visit Chateau de la Tour – tasting the 2016s from cask The 2016 vintage appear to be a great year for Clos de Vogeout, as the frost and the low yields have given some intense wines from this mighty grand cru. The fresh and vibrant acidity of the vintage have furthermore given the Clos de Vougeots a lovely balance and freshness – that makes this a ...
- Terroir Insight: Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot V.V. Chateau de la Tour is the largest owner of Clos de Vougeot with large holdings in the center of this enormous Grand Cru. In normal years Francois Labet makes two cuvees of Clos de Vougeot – the Cuvée Classique and the Cuvée Vieilles Vignes, and in recent vintages a top Cuvée Hommage Jean Morin has topped ...