The Cuvée Vieilles Vignes 2013 is a big but surprisingly refined effort without the slight roughness many 2013s have. In the nose pure ripe fruits – oak well integrated – with a nice focus and transparency. On the palate, rich almost voluptous with a lovely silky mid-palate fruit. The 2013 acidity is crisp and balancing .. a very refined wine for the vintage .. and a big Clos de Vougeot in the making.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2009 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2012 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2013 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2015 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Cuvée Classique 2015 July 22, 2016
- Dégustation Prestige – Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru This year Grand Jours de Bourgogne included a Dégustation Prestige of Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru … as it did two years ago. It’s a tasting of around 20 wines from the Clos de Vougeot vineyard – this year with the oldest being a 1989 from Domaine Joseph Drouhin and the youngest being a 2008 from ...
- Visit Chateau de la Tour – tasting the 2016s from cask The 2016 vintage appear to be a great year for Clos de Vogeout, as the frost and the low yields have given some intense wines from this mighty grand cru. The fresh and vibrant acidity of the vintage have furthermore given the Clos de Vougeots a lovely balance and freshness – that makes this a ...
- Terroir Insight: Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot V.V. Chateau de la Tour is the largest owner of Clos de Vougeot with large holdings in the center of this enormous Grand Cru. In normal years Francois Labet makes two cuvees of Clos de Vougeot – the Cuvée Classique and the Cuvée Vieilles Vignes, and in recent vintages a top Cuvée Hommage Jean Morin has topped ...