The Cuvée Vieilles Vignes 2015 is taking it to another level of refinement. The nose offers juicy red and darker fruits, a lovely spiciness and a very fine view to the earthy minerality. On the palate, focused, pure and vibrant for the vintage. Impressive intensity yet it’s paired with an effortless lightness … a truly magnificent Clos de Vougeot in the making.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2009 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2012 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2013 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2015 July 22, 2016
- Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot Cuvée Classique 2015 July 22, 2016
- Visit Chateau de la Tour – tasting the 2016s from cask The 2016 vintage appear to be a great year for Clos de Vogeout, as the frost and the low yields have given some intense wines from this mighty grand cru. The fresh and vibrant acidity of the vintage have furthermore given the Clos de Vougeots a lovely balance and freshness – that makes this a ...
- Terroir Insight: Chateau de la Tour Clos de Vougeot V.V. Chateau de la Tour is the largest owner of Clos de Vougeot with large holdings in the center of this enormous Grand Cru. In normal years Francois Labet makes two cuvees of Clos de Vougeot – the Cuvée Classique and the Cuvée Vieilles Vignes, and in recent vintages a top Cuvée Hommage Jean Morin has topped ...