The Montrachet 2000 from Chateau de Puligny Montrachet was made before Etienne de Montille took over the vinification in 2001. The wine is aproaching maturity, with mature notes in both bouquet and on the palate. Quite heavy and a little tired in the fruit – not a masterpeice. Lacks the vibrant acidity and charm of the best wines from the top produceres. The Montrachet terroir does a good job, and is keeping this wine interesting, but in the end the lack of freshness and charm is pulling the wine down.
(Drink now) Fine – 92p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Clos de Chateau 2012 July 25, 2015
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Meursault Les Perrieres 2007 July 22, 2014
- Chateau de Puligny-Montrachet, Meursault Perrieres 2004 February 28, 2014
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Meursault 2010 July 31, 2013
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2009 January 31, 2013
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Chevalier Montrachet 2007 November 15, 2011
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Puligny Montrachet Les Folatieres 2004 August 31, 2011
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Le Montrachet 2000 August 24, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...