The Nuits-Saint-Georges Clos des Grades Vignes from Chateau de Puligny Montrachet is a lovely effort – from this somewhat overlooked 1er cru. In the bouquet fine red fruit with cherries, raspberries and a lovely core of sweet strawberries – some slightly floral and reduced notes – but a lovely nose. On the palate fine quite airy fruit for a 2009. Good midpalate concentration, with quite a tannic grip and a fine core of delicate sweet fruit. The finish is long and quite intense offering good minerality. A very good and attractive Nuits-Saint-Georges with a fine expression of terroir. Looking forward to see what Louis-Michel Liger-Belair can make from this vineyard – from the 2012 vintage.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Chateau de Puligny-Montrachet, Meursault Perrieres 2004 February 28, 2014
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Meursault 2010 July 31, 2013
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2009 January 31, 2013
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Chevalier Montrachet 2007 November 15, 2011
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Puligny Montrachet Les Folatieres 2004 August 31, 2011
- Chateau de Puligny Montrachet, Le Montrachet 2000 August 24, 2011
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! I use my own rating system here at Winehog.org. I don’t use the 100 point scale anymore – but changed to a quite simple scale inspired by some of the British wine journalists. Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is ...