The Richebourg 1995 from Anne Gros is quite a powerhouse .. and age 20 only just starting to show matured notes. The nose is crammed with darkberry fruit .. cassis, dark cherries, sous-bois and oriental spices. On the palate intense and weighty fruit – earthy and tightly knit with quite a lot of grip. The fruit is pure and intense … but perhaps lacking a tad of transparancy to match the big boys. Very balanced .. but need time to unfold. A very impressive Richebourg … would perhaps have prefered it ever so slightly less extracted … nevertheless a treat.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Anne Gros, Echezeaux 2011 January 27, 2018
- Domaine Anne Gros, Clos Vougeot 2004 December 27, 2017
- Domaine Anne Gros, Richebourg 1995 October 2, 2014
- Anne Gros, Richebourg 2012 May 13, 2014
- Anne Gros, Clos de Vougeot 2011 January 4, 2014
- Anne Gros, Richebourg 2007 September 25, 2013
- Anne Gros, Richebourg 2000 March 26, 2013
- Anne Gros, Chambolle Musigny La Combe d’Orveau 2006 September 19, 2012
- Anne Gros, Clos de Vougeot 2011 July 1, 2012
- Anne Gros, Richebourg 2011 June 29, 2012
- Anne Gros, Echezeaux 2011 June 27, 2012
- Anne Gros, Vosne Romanee 2011 June 22, 2012
- Anne Gros, Chambolle Musigny 2011 June 21, 2012
- Anne Gros, Bourgogne Rouge 2011 June 20, 2012
- Anne Gros, Hautes Cotes de Nuits 2011 June 19, 2012
- Anne Gros, Hautes Cotes de Nuits Blanc 2011 June 19, 2012
- Anne Gros, Bourgogne Blanc 2011 June 17, 2012
- Tasting of Domaine Anne Gros 2011 from cask May 8, 2012
- Anne Gros Chambolle Musigny La Combe D’Orveau 2009 August 2, 2011
- Dégustation Prestige – Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru This year Grand Jours de Bourgogne included a Dégustation Prestige of Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru … as it did two years ago. It’s a tasting of around 20 wines from the Clos de Vougeot vineyard – this year with the oldest being a 1989 from Domaine Joseph Drouhin and the youngest being a 2008 from ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Anne Gros Richebourg Anne Gros is making some delightful wines, and the top of the range is the mighty Richebourg produced from a plot in the northern section of the vineyard – in the bottom part of the Gros family holdings – see map below where the Anne Gros holdings on Richebourg is marked with a red line. It’s ...
- In the glass – 2011 vs 2012 red Burgundy I was very impressed and delighted when I tasted the 2012 reds from cask, and recent tastings of the first 2012s from bottle more than confirm the very positive first impressions. This week we had a modest and relaxed lunch at Restaurant Enomania in Copenhagen, and we had a few top end 2011s and some ...
- Tasting of Domaine Anne Gros 2011 from cask I was very impressed by the 2010 vintage, when I tasted them at Grand Jours de Bourgogne. I was therefore keen to visit the domaine to taste the 2011 vintage from cask. Fortunately Domaine Anne Gros had time to recieve us for a short visit on my trip to Burgundy in May 2012. First visit to ...
- Grand Jours de Bourgogne – Vosne Romanee 2010 vintage The main tasting at this years Grand Jours de Bourgogne was the Vosne Romanee tasting. The tasting was held at Chateau Clos de Vougeot on March 20th – 2012 Most of the leading producers of Vosne Romanee, Echezeau, Grands Echezeaux and Clos de Vougeot attended this event. While the tastings of Morey, Chambolle, Nuit-Saint-Georges were fine, ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...