Domaine Bizot is one of the rising stars in Burgundy. The Vosne Romanee Village 2009 is a real beauty. The bouquet is slightly dark and closed, but with fine Vosne spices and a hint of thyme. On the palate red fruits with some impression of oak. The fruit is very charming – almost organic – very elegant and refined with little of the dense 2009 expression. Good minerality and balance, a very good village wine – love the style!
Buy this wine – stores and prices
Prices and store information is provided by wine-searcher.com
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Bizot, Vosne-Romanee 2013 December 9, 2015
- Domaine Bizot, Vosne-Romanee 2011 June 25, 2014
- Domaine Bizot, Vosne Romanee 1er cru 1997 January 3, 2013
- Domaine Bizot, Vosne Romanee 2009 March 25, 2012
- Domaine Bizot Vosne Romanee Les Jachees 2009 July 28, 2011
- Domaine Bizot – tasting of the 2014 vintage Domaine Bizot is in my view one of the most exiting estates in Vosne-Romanee. Domaine Bizot is not your average Vosne producer as it’s run by Jean-Yves Bizot who has a academic backgound in Geology and this somehow shows in both the wines and the way the Domaine is managed. The wines have a certain intellectuel ...
- Impressions Bizot, Liger-Belair and Cathiard 2014 Monday offered tastings of the 2014 vintage from three of my favorite Vosne-Romanee producers – Domaine Bizot, Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair and Domaine Cathiard. The tastings confirmed the loverly drinkability of the 2014s … the quality is high and this vintage should not be forgotten in the midst of the 2015 hype. Domaine Bizot My first visit here ...
- Grand Jours de Bourgogne – Vosne Romanee 2010 vintage The main tasting at this years Grand Jours de Bourgogne was the Vosne Romanee tasting. The tasting was held at Chateau Clos de Vougeot on March 20th – 2012 Most of the leading producers of Vosne Romanee, Echezeau, Grands Echezeaux and Clos de Vougeot attended this event. While the tastings of Morey, Chambolle, Nuit-Saint-Georges were fine, ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...