The Echezeaux 2008 from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti is a vivid and expressive treat. It’s very energetic and vibrant, lovely acidiy, open and forward fruit – really showing both terroir and a gorgeous display of fruit. Perhaps not the biggest Echezeaux made – but showing beautifully .. with a magnificent balance. Lovely spicy nose and a deligtful airy feel.
In my view one of the most lively and interesting Echezeauxs I have tasted from Domaine de la Romanée-de-Conti.
(Drink From 2025) – Very Fine+ (94 – 95p) Tasted 04/07/2018.
Latest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 2008 July 6, 2018
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, La Tâche 2011 July 6, 2018
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Romanée-Conti 2015 July 13, 2017
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2015 July 13, 2017
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, La Tâche 2015 July 13, 2017
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Romanée Saint-Vivant 2015 July 13, 2017
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Grands Echezeaux 2015 July 13, 2017
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 2015 July 13, 2017
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Corton 2015 July 13, 2017
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 1993 January 1, 2017
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2002 April 29, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Montrachet 2009 April 29, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2004 April 29, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, La Tâche 2002 April 29, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 1993 February 15, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, La Tâche 1990 January 26, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 2004 December 2, 2014
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, La Tâche 2011 October 10, 2014
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2011 October 1, 2014
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Batard-Montrachet 2007 November 5, 2013
- Terroir View: Domaine de la Romanée-Conti , “Vosne-Romanée Les Petits Monts” Vosne-Romanée Les Petits-Monts is a delightful vineyard, and one of the gems of Vosne-Romanée and is getting more and more fame and attraction. One plot is however both relatively unknown but also very well located indeed. I am of cause talking about the plot owned by Domaine de la Romanée-Conti .. Vosne-Romanée Les Petits-Monts Petits-Monts is a ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Lamarche, La Grande Rue “Cuvée 1959” While the vineyards of Burgundy are very old, changes and adjustments are done from time to time, and in some cases new wines and opportunities are created. One such wine is the Domaine Lamarche La Grande Rue “Cuvée 1959” a new luxury cuvée to top the existing La Grande Rue. This exciting new cuvée from Nicole Lamarche ...
- Value Increase – Romanée-Conti 1945 The likely last sale of a Romanée-Conti 1945 was in 2011, when Christies sold a bottle in Geneva on 17 May at a price of 109350 CHF. Compared to this weekends sale the 111000 USD in 2011 does look rather pale. The 558000 USD is just a notch more the 5 times the price achieved in ...
- The unknown Conti label The Drouhin auction in New York was aside from the very high prices also a chance to see old labels …. One label was new a 1962 Romanée-Conti, with a design I have never seen before to be honest. Despite the unusual label the wine was sold for 49600 USD .. a rather nice price for a ...
- The most expensive bottle of Burgundy – Romanée-Conti 1945 Yesteday – Saturday October 13 – the most expensive bottle of Burgundy was sold at the Sotheby’s auction in New York. The legendary bottle of 1945 Romanee-Conti was sold for 558.000 USD. A legendary bottle with a unique provenance – and one more was sold at 496.000 USD making it the second most expensive wine ever sold. ...
- The Robert Drouhin Treasure – auction news The Jayer Auction earlier this summer showed that only the sky is the limit for the prices of rare Burgundies – if the provenance is impeccable and the wines are of unique quality and reputation. Records are however set to be broken, and the upcoming Auction from the Robert Drouhin private collection will most certainly break ...
- New vineyard for Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Domaine de la Romanée-Conti is going to produce a new wine from 2019 .. a Corton-Charlemagne. According to Wine Spectator – Aubert de Villaine of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti has made an agreement with Domaine Bonneau du Martray to lease a part of the estates Corton-Charlemagne holdings. See the full article by Wine Spectator here – ...
- Visit Domaine de la Romanée-Conti – tasting of the 2016s from cask On a rainy and cold day in Burgundy it’s nice to focus on something positive and invigorating … and what could be better that a visit at Domaine de la Romanée-Conti tasting the latest vintage – 2016 in this case. The tasting this year was conducted by Alexandre Bernier, who also was in charge of the ...