The Richebourg 1999 is a very intense and dark wine, with loads and loads of fully mature pinot fruit. It’s a very powerfull and direct Burgundy, from the rich 1999 vintage. Tasted against the Richebourg 1999 from Meo Camuzet, it did very well, being bigger, better and more complex – by a fair margin.
Like all 1999 it will need plenty of time before the fruit and tannins will show mature notes, thus also the complexity of the terroir. A very good Richebourg – Outstanding+.
(2020 – 2035) 97p – tasted in 2003
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 1993 January 1, 2017
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2002 April 29, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Montrachet 2009 April 29, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2004 April 29, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, La Tâche 2002 April 29, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 1993 February 15, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, La Tâche 1990 January 26, 2016
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 2004 December 2, 2014
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, La Tâche 2011 October 10, 2014
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2011 October 1, 2014
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Batard-Montrachet 2007 November 5, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2000 October 24, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Vosne-Romanee 1er cru 2008 October 23, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 2002 May 23, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Batard Montrachet 2000 April 11, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2004 April 1, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Romanee-Conti 2011 March 23, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, La Tache 2011 March 22, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2011 March 22, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2011 March 22, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 2007 March 4, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 2001 January 8, 2013
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 2002 July 10, 2012
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 2004 July 9, 2012
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, La Tache 2009 May 21, 2012
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Richebourg 2009 May 20, 2012
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2009 May 17, 2012
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Grands Echezeaux 2009 May 17, 2012
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Echezeaux 2009 May 16, 2012
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Corton 2009 May 15, 2012
- Visit Domaine de la Romanée-Conti – tasting of the 2015s from cask Sitting in my car writing these tasting notes, while I’m overlooking La Tâche .. -7.5 Celsius .. but with a inner warmth of the aftertaste of Romanée-Conti 2015 .. a truly memorable moment of Burgundian beauty. Just out from a lovely tasting of the 2015s from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti with Bernard Noblet the legendary cellarmaster. ...
- Le Montrachet Six – A Historic Wine Last week it became clear that the April frost damage made it almost impossible to produce Montrachet for several owners on the Chassagne side of Montrachet – Le Montrachet. The April frost had reduced the yields by more than 90%, and therefore reduced size of the individual cuvées considerably. In some cases the size of harvest ...
- One Montrachet from six Domaines Due to the low yields caused by frost damage in April there will be no 2016 Montrachet from six owners of Montrachet. They will instead make one cuvée together – two casks equivalent to 600 bottles. It’s the estates Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Comte Lafon, Domaine Leflaive, Guy Amiot, Lamy Pillot an Domaine Fleurot – who ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Montrachet The most iconic white wine from Burgundy is the Montrachet from Domaine de la Romanee-Conti. The combination of the most prestigious estate and the finest white wine terroir in the world is a quite unique combination. DRC only produced red wine until they acquired the first plot on Montrachet in 1963. Lets take a closer look at ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Richebourg The mighty Richebourg from Domaine de la Romanee-Conti is one of the top wines of Burgundy allthough it’s only number four or five in the impressive DRC lineup. While both Romanee Saint-Vivant and La Tâche have entered the DRC holdings within the last century, the DRC holdings in Richebourg dates even longer back in the Burgundian ...
- Terroir insight – DRC Grands-Echezeaux The Grands-Echezeaux is somehow the slightly overlooked wine in the Domaine de la Romanee-Conti lineup. It is however a magnificent wine in its own right, but is of course somewhat overshadowed by the four top reds – Richebourg, Romanee Saint-Vivant, La Tâche and Romanee-Conti. In this article I will take a closer look at the DRC ...
- La Tâche – a historic view on a legendary grand cru La Tâche is a legendary grand cru with a quite interesting history. It has always been a monopole – but nevertheless the monopole status have been challenged and the vineyard expanded quite dramatically within the last 100 years. The history of La Tâche involves some of the most prominent domaines in Vosne, the neighburing Les Gaudichots ...
- Vosne-Romanee Les Gaudichots – History, owners & wines – update The Vosne Romanee Les Gaudichot is the relatively unknown neighbourg of the great La Tache vineyard. Collectors are however beginning to appreciate the Gaudichot terroir – and the demand for the few bottles made is rising year after year. The history of Les Gaudichots is very interesting and to a great extend also the history of ...
- Romanee Saint-Vivant – history, plots and owners – new update Romanee Saint-Vivant is somehow the rising star among the Grand cru’s of Vosne Romanee. For many years Richebourg was undisputed number four after the three big Grand Cru’s – Romanee-Conti, La Romanee and La Tache. But in the last two decades the wines from Romanee Saint-Vivant have shown big improvements, and the vineyard is now ...
- Richebourg – history, plots and owners – new update Richebourg is a legendary vineyard – and while Romanee-Conti, La Romanee and La Tache are regarded as slightly better, most Burgundy lovers can tell you about a very special moment with a bottle of Richebourg. My Richebourg moment was Henri Jayer Richebourg 1985 – tasted back in 2002 – a legendary wine and a ...
- Visit at Domaine de la Romanee-Conti – March 2013 I have recently worked on some articles about the great terroirs – starting with
- Romanee-Saint-Vivant – the wines, domaines and negociants In my first article about the Romanee-Saint-Vivant we uncovered the history of the vineyard ending up with a list of the curent owners of RSV – see the first article about Romanee-Saint-Vivant here. This article is about the wines made from Romanee-Saint-Vivant. First a short aromatic profile of Romanee-Saint-Vivant – secondly a list of all the ...
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti – Producer Profile Domaine de la Romanee-Conti is a iconic producer – and have maintained this position for many decades. They produce a relatively small selection of exceptional wines from the very best terroirs in Burgundy. Where most other top producers make a quite limited number of bottles of each wine, DRC produce quite substantial quantities of ...
- Tasting of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti 2009 In May 2012 I had the opportunity to taste a part of the 2009 collection from DRC. The tasting included the first vintage of the new Corton, but sadly the Montrachet and Romanee-Conti were missing. The tasting showed a fantastic collection of great 2009s, all the wines were focused and elegant with a lot of finesse. ...
- Echezeaux – Grand cru standard? Echézeaux is one of the largest grands crus of the whole Côte d’Or. It’s divided into a number of plots or climats the vineyard, located around the smaller Grands-Echézeaux. I have tasted some very good bottles of Echezeaux, but also some very poor bottles where only the label was an indication of its grand cru status. ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...
Note: Picture is not of the bottle tasted at the Le Sommelier in Copenhagen