The Corton Clos du Roi from Domaine de Montille is a gorgeous wine. Its transparent and lightfooted but with true grand cru intensity. The nose offer beautiful organic red fruits – delicate and transparent unveiling the fine minerailty of the Corton hill. On the palate intense yet also refined and quite lightfooted … tasted with 2005 Clos St. Jacques from Roussau it lacked the outright weight of the Rousseau, but the Corton terroir made a statement offering at least the same length and complexity. A very refined and understated Corton … really, really enjoyed this wine.
<a href=”http://winehog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/20120309-125513.jpg” <img=”” src=”http://winehog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/20120309-125513.jpg” alt=”20120309-125513.jpg” class=”alignleft size-full”></a>(Drink from 2028) – <strong>Very Fine+</strong> – (94 – 95p) – Tasted 27/05/2016
<h3>Tasting Notes for this producer</h3>
- Domiane de Montille, Puligny-Montrachet Le Cailleret 2011 May 20, 2017
- Domaine de Montille, Corton Clos du Roi 2012 June 9, 2016
- Domaine de Montille, Vosne Les Malconsorts Christiane 2007 March 5, 2016
- Domaine de Montille, Vosne-Romanee Les Malconsorts 2007 March 5, 2016
- Domaine de Montille, Vosne-Romanee Les Malconsorts 2006 March 3, 2016
- Domaine de Montille, Bourgogne Pinot Noir 2011 July 27, 2015
- Domaine de Montille, Vosne Aux Malconsorts – Christiane 2008 July 6, 2014
- Domaine de Montille, Vosne-Romanee Aux Malconsort 2009 December 20, 2013
- Hubert de Montille, Volnay Taillepieds 2006 April 19, 2012
- Hubert de Montille, Pommard Les Pezerolles 2006 November 19, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Comte Liger-Belair NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes One of my favorite parts of Burgundy is Premeaux – and since I seem to be the only one to think that Premeaux should have its own appellation – l think its fair to assume that it will continue to be a part of Nuits-Saint-Georges for now. I have covered many of the Premeaux monopoles, but ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine de Montille Malconsorts Cuvee Christiane One rarely see a producer in Burgundy making two different wines from the same vineyard, unless it’s a declassification of young and younger wines. Etienne de Montille has however decided to make two cuvees from Vosne-Romanee Aux-Malconsorts – one regular cuvee made from two plots inside Malconsorts and a special cuvee made from a 0.4765 ha ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...