The 2008 Clos du Chateau from Liger-Belair is a seductive beauty. Open and vibrant with lovely cool red fruits in the nose – notes of strawberries, cherries with hints of red current, violets and rose petals. On the palate tight and focused – very pure – red pinot fruit. A beautiful backbone of fresh vibrant 08 acidity and a lively minerality from the excellent village terroir. Still hints of new oak in the finish adding a slight vanilla touch. What can I say – cool and pure pinot fruit – juicy and fresh – a fine and lovely village wine. Not as big as the 2009 but the cool elegance is very seductive on a flower day.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 March 17, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Romanee Clos du Chateau 2014 March 17, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes Blanc 2014 March 15, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 March 14, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 March 14, 2016
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Aux Cras One of my favorite wines from the Nuits-Saint-Georges is the Aux Cras made by Louis-Michel Liger-Belair. It has all the qualities I look for in a Burgundian wine – it’s very enjoyable, it’s pure and transparent and first and foremost it offers a lovely expression of the “almost” Vosne terroir. Aux Cras or Les Cras was somewhat ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Aux Brulées Aux Brulées is pretty fragmented and the production of some of the fine wines made from this lovely 1er cru is sadly very limited indeed. One of the rarest birds is the Aux Brulées from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Firstly the production is very limited, secondly and more importantly the wine is not sold commercially. It’s nevertheless ...
- Tasting of the 2014s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair On my November 2015 trip to Burgundy I had the opportunity to taste the 2014s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. As usual I entered the gate to Chateau Vosne-Romanee with high expectations and was greeted by a cheerful Louis-Michel Liger-Belair and his very large but lovely dog Arak. Constance and Louis-Michel Liger-Belair The scene was set to ...