The 2008 Clos du Chateau from Liger-Belair is a seductive beauty. Open and vibrant with lovely cool red fruits in the nose – notes of strawberries, cherries with hints of red current, violets and rose petals. On the palate tight and focused – very pure – red pinot fruit. A beautiful backbone of fresh vibrant 08 acidity and a lively minerality from the excellent village terroir. Still hints of new oak in the finish adding a slight vanilla touch. What can I say – cool and pure pinot fruit – juicy and fresh – a fine and lovely village wine. Not as big as the 2009 but the cool elegance is very seductive on a flower day.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne La Colombiere 2011 February 24, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2011 January 28, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2007 January 19, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2002 January 2, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2007 December 5, 2013
- Tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair 2012 from cask On my September trip to Burgundy I had he opportunity to taste the 2012s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. I tasted some of the wines already in March 2013 – and they showed great promise – so I was very exited to taste the whole range. Needless to say – I was not disappointed – the ...
- Visit at Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – March 2013 This year I had the opportunity to taste some 2011s and 2012 from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair at a tasting the day after the Trilogie en Cote de Nuits. The tasting program comprised of some of the 2011s not presented at the Trilogie, and some of the 2012 wines – including the white from the new ...
- Tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair 2002 – 2009 Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair is one of the rising stars of Burgundy, and after 10 years of production one of the very top domaines in Vosne Romanee. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair took over in 2000 and has gradually expanded the domaine and the portfolio of wines during the past 10 years. I have followed ...