The 2004 vintage can be quite difficult, but Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair really made some lovely wines in this vintage. The Vosne Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 is still slightly backward from magnum, but is showing fine matured notes. In the bouquet red and blue berry fruits with notes of rose petals, red currant and sous bois. On the palate still somewhat tight, with a good fruit and a strong mineralic backbone. The finish is long and focused by the fine acidity. Need a little time to unfold completely – a beautiful 2004.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Hospices de Beaune, Echezeaux Cuvee Jean-Luc Bissey 2013 June 28, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 June 24, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 March 17, 2016
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Les Chaumes Vosne-Romanee Les Chaumes is a large 1er cru, and while its well know the quality produced from this vineyard is still rather mixed. As new generations take over – more and more fine examples of Les Chaumes does however reach the market. One of the best I have tasted recently is the 2015 from Domaine du ...
- Harvest Impressions We start out with the team of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – here harvesting the Echezeaux plots in the climat Champ Traversin – at the top of the Echezeaux vineyard. Photo: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair From the top of Echezeaux to the cellar of Maison Chantereves in Savigny-Les-Beaune where foot work is being used to crush the ...
- Vineyard Insight: Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Laviéres There are a lot of interesting terroirs in the Vosne-Romanee appellation itself and in the twillight zone between Nuits-Saint-Georges and Vosne-Romanee. This area is somewhat overlooked, but as the new generations of vignerons take on these terroirs, there are very fine wines to find from these vineyards. I have already covered the vineyards: Aux Réas Clos des Réas Aux Bas ...