The 2007 Clos du Chateau is a very good but also typical 2007. In the bouquet sweet pinot fruit with red and dark berries – notes of raspberries, cherries, rose petal – with a oak/vanilla impression. On the palate sweet and slightly candied fruit, quite intense and silky – but perhaps lacking a bit of energy in the fruit. A very good effort for the vintage .. a pleasure wine for a winter evening.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Hospices de Beaune, Echezeaux Cuvee Jean-Luc Bissey 2013 June 28, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 June 24, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 March 17, 2016
- One of the keys to find the best 2015 red Burgundies I have tasted 2015 Burgundy reds in March, June and November 2016 and found some special wines in this vintage – wines with extraordinary qualities .. wines that seem to have an extra level of energy and tension. In June I struggled to see the pattern and the key to find these wines – but finally ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Les Chaumes Vosne-Romanee Les Chaumes is a large 1er cru, and while its well know the quality produced from this vineyard is still rather mixed. As new generations take over – more and more fine examples of Les Chaumes does however reach the market. One of the best I have tasted recently is the 2015 from Domaine du ...
- Harvest Impressions We start out with the team of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – here harvesting the Echezeaux plots in the climat Champ Traversin – at the top of the Echezeaux vineyard. Photo: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair From the top of Echezeaux to the cellar of Maison Chantereves in Savigny-Les-Beaune where foot work is being used to crush the ...