The 2011 Clos du Chateau is slightly closed and backward at the moment. In the nose red berry fruit and vosne spices with a hints of gooseberries and oak. On the palate airy red fruit with a quite refined impression of oak. The fruit is sweet and ripe for the vintage, with a good focus – the tannins are finely grained. Still need time to integrate the oak though .. give it three to five years more in the cellar.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 October 17, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2006 September 6, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2009 May 1, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2015 December 15, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 December 5, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2011 December 2, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2011 July 20, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 June 28, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2009 June 21, 2017
- Terroir View: Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne La Colombiere The Vosne-Romanée La Colombiere from Comte du Liger-Belair is a important wine for the estate as one of three village wines from Vosne. It’s a vivid and quite rich village, quite a contrast to the more floral and expressive Clos du Chateau. The La Colombiere have improved a lot during the latter years after the turnaround to ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Aux Reignots One of my favourite 1er crus of Burgundy is the Aux Reignots made by Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, a tremendous wines of a very high quality. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair controls 45% of the Aux Reignots vineyard, that extends just above his prestigious monopole La Romanee – and his quest for quality has really pushed the perception ...
- Vineyard Insight: Pommard Clos de la Commaraine Comte Louis-Michel Liger-Belair of Chateau de Vosne-Romanée has just entered an agreement with the owners of Pommard Clos de la Commaraine to help with the making the wine from this historic 3.75 ha monopole vineyard. This does set this vineyard on the map in a different way – first vintage is 2018. Clos de la Commaraine ...