La Romanee 2011 is a very impressive and gorgeous expression of Vosne terroir. The bouquet is intense and refined with cool red berry fruit – complex spicy aromas with notes of violets, pomegranate and rose petals – and last but least layers of filligree mineralty. On the palate intense medium-bodied vibrant fruit focused by the powerful and very refined minerality and the finely grained delicate tannins. The energy and tension in this wine is impressive, as is the long intensely mineralic finish. The balance and length is truly outstanding – but the poise and refinement is even more impressive. A breathtaking display of terroir!
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Prices and store information is provided by wine-searcher.com
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2007 December 5, 2013
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2012 October 27, 2013
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2012 October 27, 2013
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Romanee Aux Reignots 2012 October 27, 2013
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Cras 2012 October 27, 2013
- Tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair 2012 from cask On my September trip to Burgundy I had he opportunity to taste the 2012s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. I tasted some of the wines already in March 2013 – and they showed great promise – so I was very exited to taste the whole range. Needless to say – I was not disappointed – the ...
- Visit at Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – March 2013 This year I had the opportunity to taste some 2011s and 2012 from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair at a tasting the day after the Trilogie en Cote de Nuits. The tasting program comprised of some of the 2011s not presented at the Trilogie, and some of the 2012 wines – including the white from the new ...
- Tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair 2002 – 2009 Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair is one of the rising stars of Burgundy, and after 10 years of production one of the very top domaines in Vosne Romanee. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair took over in 2000 and has gradually expanded the domaine and the portfolio of wines during the past 10 years. I have followed ...