La Romanee 2011 is a very impressive and gorgeous expression of Vosne terroir. The bouquet is intense and refined with cool red berry fruit – complex spicy aromas with notes of violets, pomegranate and rose petals – and last but least layers of filligree mineralty. On the palate intense medium-bodied vibrant fruit focused by the powerful and very refined minerality and the finely grained delicate tannins. The energy and tension in this wine is impressive, as is the long intensely mineralic finish. The balance and length is truly outstanding – but the poise and refinement is even more impressive. A breathtaking display of terroir!
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2005 July 30, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2004 July 26, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2003 July 26, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2002 July 25, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2001 July 21, 2015
- The Essence of La Romanee The celebration of the 200 years anniversary of the Liger-Belair family in Burgundy offered the opportunity to taste 12 vintages of La Romanee from 2002 to 2013. This is a rare treat indeed, and it gave me the chance to explore this magnificent terroir in depth – to find the esssence of La Romanee if you ...
- 200 years, 72 bottles of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair A magnificent tasting today with 72 bottles of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair celebrating the 200 years anniversary of the Liger-Belair family in Burgundy. And what a celebration of great wines … overwhelming is the first word that comes to mind when you taste so many brilliant wines. The wines came from all the vintages made by Louis-Michel ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Les Petits Monts Louis-Michel Liger-Belair is in my view producing one of the very best wines from the somewhat overlooked Vosne-Romanee Les Petits Monts. First vintage was 2006 starting out at a fine level with quality improving year after year arriving at a truly delightful level from 2010 and onwards. A very sexy and delicate wine … worth exploring. ...