La Romanee 2012 is slightly closed compared to the initial cask samples – but still a gorgeous and very intense wine. In the bouquet layers of juicy fruit – notes of raspberries, cherries, violets and peony rose – accentuated and infused by a very refined and powerful minerality. On the palate layers of juicy, rich and intense red fruit. The fruit is vibrant and airy with a lot of energy – supported by ample ripe tannins and by the multidimensional minerality of this great terroir. The finish is very long and persistant with a fantastic display of minerality. Its a intense wine but still effortlessly refined and delicate. An extraordinary and gorgeous wine in the making.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 October 17, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2006 September 6, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2009 May 1, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2015 December 15, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 December 5, 2017
- Terroir View: Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne La Colombiere The Vosne-Romanée La Colombiere from Comte du Liger-Belair is a important wine for the estate as one of three village wines from Vosne. It’s a vivid and quite rich village, quite a contrast to the more floral and expressive Clos du Chateau. The La Colombiere have improved a lot during the latter years after the turnaround to ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Aux Reignots One of my favourite 1er crus of Burgundy is the Aux Reignots made by Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, a tremendous wines of a very high quality. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair controls 45% of the Aux Reignots vineyard, that extends just above his prestigious monopole La Romanee – and his quest for quality has really pushed the perception ...
- Vineyard Insight: Pommard Clos de la Commaraine Comte Louis-Michel Liger-Belair of Chateau de Vosne-Romanée has just entered an agreement with the owners of Pommard Clos de la Commaraine to help with the making the wine from this historic 3.75 ha monopole vineyard. This does set this vineyard on the map in a different way – first vintage is 2018. Clos de la Commaraine ...