La Romanee 2012 is slightly closed compared to the initial cask samples – but still a gorgeous and very intense wine. In the bouquet layers of juicy fruit – notes of raspberries, cherries, violets and peony rose – accentuated and infused by a very refined and powerful minerality. On the palate layers of juicy, rich and intense red fruit. The fruit is vibrant and airy with a lot of energy – supported by ample ripe tannins and by the multidimensional minerality of this great terroir. The finish is very long and persistant with a fantastic display of minerality. Its a intense wine but still effortlessly refined and delicate. An extraordinary and gorgeous wine in the making.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2006 September 6, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2009 May 1, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2015 December 15, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 December 5, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2011 December 2, 2017
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – 2017s from cask First taste of the 2017s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair … a rather fresh and vivid vintage. After 2015 and 2016 – intense and dense vintages we find the 2017 a lighter and perhaps more lively and vivacious vintage. I do find many wines from Vosne-Romanee very well balanced in the 2017 vintage – and while it’s ...
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Re-tasting of the 2016s from cask Re-taste of the 2016s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair … a delightful occupation. I first tasted the 2016s in June 2017, and while most of the wines showed well on that occasion, the extra six months of elevage have defined, detailed and clarified the picture of the wines. No doubt Louis-Michel Liger-Belair have done very well ...
- More tastings of the 2016s – exiting and delightful A very busy week with plenty of tastings – covering a large part of Burgundy. From Morey to Santenay in just the last days – meeting a lot of nice people making wines with love and talent. I’m always surprised how many new and fine estates one can find just scratching the surface. Domaine du Comte ...