First white from Louis-Michel – from the newly acquired vineyard Clos des Grandes Vignes in the southern Nuits-Saint-Georges. The wines were re-grafted with Chardonney in 2010 – so this is a fairly new vineyard for the whites. Around 35% new oak is used. The bouquet is quite expressive with notes of pear, melon and citrus – the oak is present but delicate and the finely grained minerality is showing well. On the palate crisp and pure fruit, a fine midpalate weight and richness – supported by the fine broad minerality and the crisp acidity. The expression is quite rich, smooth and refined for a Cote de Nuits white – a very interesting and lovely white in the making.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 June 24, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 March 17, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Romanee Clos du Chateau 2014 March 17, 2016
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting of the 2015s update On my November trip I had the opportunity to retaste the 2015s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – the wines I first tasted in June 2016. The 2015 lineup did look both impressive and delightful in June, but I had question marks regarding a few wines that I wanted to calibrate. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair – June 2016 Tasting of ...
- One of the keys to find the best 2015 red Burgundies I have tasted 2015 Burgundy reds in March, June and November 2016 and found some special wines in this vintage – wines with extraordinary qualities .. wines that seem to have an extra level of energy and tension. In June I struggled to see the pattern and the key to find these wines – but finally ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Les Chaumes Vosne-Romanee Les Chaumes is a large 1er cru, and while its well know the quality produced from this vineyard is still rather mixed. As new generations take over – more and more fine examples of Les Chaumes does however reach the market. One of the best I have tasted recently is the 2015 from Domaine du ...