The 2006 Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair is a real beauty – and the first vintage from this fine terroir. The bouquet is bursting with lovely red berry fruit and minerality – very sophisticated and quite expressive. On the palate very fine midpalate concentration with vibrant fruit and minerality. It’s long with a robust yet delicate minerality in the finish. The energetic fruit is build for pleasure – but nevertheless it’s a 2006 – so perhaps lacking the ultimate focus and transparancy found in the best vintages of this fine wine. Bottom line – this is a beautiful wine from a equally wonderful and refined vineyard. Love this terroir.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 August 12, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2007 August 3, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2006 August 2, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2005 July 30, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2004 July 26, 2015
- A new grand cru from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair The 2015 harvest offered surprising and interesting news from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair as it was revealed that a Clos de Vougeot was added to the Liger-Belair lineup in 2015. Photo by Constance Liger-Belair So what do we know about the Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Clos de Vougeot so far? Facts about the Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Clos ...
- The Essence of La Romanee The celebration of the 200 years anniversary of the Liger-Belair family in Burgundy offered the opportunity to taste 12 vintages of La Romanee from 2002 to 2013. This is a rare treat indeed, and it gave me the chance to explore this magnificent terroir in depth – to find the esssence of La Romanee if you ...
- 200 years, 72 bottles of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair A magnificent tasting today with 72 bottles of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair celebrating the 200 years anniversary of the Liger-Belair family in Burgundy. And what a celebration of great wines … overwhelming is the first word that comes to mind when you taste so many brilliant wines. The wines came from all the vintages made by Louis-Michel ...