The 2006 Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair is a real beauty – and the first vintage from this fine terroir. The bouquet is bursting with lovely red berry fruit and minerality – very sophisticated and quite expressive. On the palate very fine midpalate concentration with vibrant fruit and minerality. It’s long with a robust yet delicate minerality in the finish. The energetic fruit is build for pleasure – but nevertheless it’s a 2006 – so perhaps lacking the ultimate focus and transparancy found in the best vintages of this fine wine. Bottom line – this is a beautiful wine from a equally wonderful and refined vineyard. Love this terroir.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Hospices de Beaune, Echezeaux Cuvee Jean-Luc Bissey 2013 June 28, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 June 24, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 March 17, 2016
- Vineyard Insight: Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Laviéres There are a lot of interesting terroirs in the Vosne-Romanee appellation itself and in the twillight zone between Nuits-Saint-Georges and Vosne-Romanee. This area is somewhat overlooked, but as the new generations of vignerons take on these terroirs, there are very fine wines to find from these vineyards. I have already covered the vineyards: Aux Réas Clos des Réas Aux Bas ...
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting of the 2015 vintage Back where it all started five years ago – tasting at Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. The Winehog blog was conceptualized during a tasting at Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair in July 2011 – a tasting that also had the partizipation of Clive Coates and Roy Richards of Richards Wallford. It was a very memorable tasting where we tasted ...
- More impressions of the 2015 vintage On my third day of visits in Burgundy I had four tasings … Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Domaine Hereztyn-Mazzini, Albert Bichot and lastly Domaine Nicolas Faure. The visits confirmed the high quality of the 2015 vintage, but also some indications of the challenges for those who harvested later. The tastings also show that some individual wines ...