The 2006 Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair is a real beauty – and the first vintage from this fine terroir. The bouquet is bursting with lovely red berry fruit and minerality – very sophisticated and quite expressive. On the palate very fine midpalate concentration with vibrant fruit and minerality. It’s long with a robust yet delicate minerality in the finish. The energetic fruit is build for pleasure – but nevertheless it’s a 2006 – so perhaps lacking the ultimate focus and transparancy found in the best vintages of this fine wine. Bottom line – this is a beautiful wine from a equally wonderful and refined vineyard. Love this terroir.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 December 5, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2011 December 2, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2011 July 20, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 June 28, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2009 June 21, 2017
- More tastings of the 2016s – exiting and delightful A very busy week with plenty of tastings – covering a large part of Burgundy. From Morey to Santenay in just the last days – meeting a lot of nice people making wines with love and talent. I’m always surprised how many new and fine estates one can find just scratching the surface. Domaine du Comte ...
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting of the 2016s Back to where it all began – when Winehog was conceived in July 2011 – at a tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Back then it was the 2010 vintage now its the 2016 edition – how time flies! While the 2010 vintage still is my favourite vintage from this estate – I do think the ...
- Wine of the Month – June 2017 Wine of the Month is a way of celebrating the wine in the glass. Each month I will find a lovely and gratifying wine – not the greatest, not the best … but a interesting and enjoyable wine on the day … or as Clive Coates so eloquently puts it – a wine worthy ...