The Vosne Romanee Aux Reignots 2003 is surprisingly developed. In the bouquet red and dark berry fruits with notes of prunes, sous-bois and truffles. On the palate weighty and quite openly knit – the fruit is very ripe with a few overripe hints of prune. Its a big and voluptuous Reignots … with some initial oxidative notes – blows off as its improving focus and purity in the glass. A fine effort given the vintage .. not a fan of the 2003 vintage though.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2011 July 20, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 June 28, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2009 June 21, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 June 24, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 March 17, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Romanee Clos du Chateau 2014 March 17, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes Blanc 2014 March 15, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 March 14, 2016
- The top of the 2016 vintage, editors choice – update 22/11/2017 I have tasted a range of 2016s Burgundies over the last year and some are extraordinary in a quite unique way. The low yields due to the frost and mildew have given intensity and generosity and this paired with a vibrant freshness in some cases give some uniquely concentrated and balanced wines. This page will include ...
- Visit Domaine Denis Bachelet – tasting the 2016s from cask Some estates have been on my “must/need to visit” list for quite some time, as they in my view produce some of the best and most delicious Burgundies today. One such producer is Domaine Denis Bachelet in Gevrey-Chambertin. Domaine Denis Bachelet is a rather small estate located just east of the D974 in the village of ...
- Burgundy 2016 insight – tense low yield wines Some of the 2016 red Burgundies are made from very low yields, and while this give a very fine intensity and concentration, some of these low yield wines seem very tense, lacking some of the effortless balance found in other wines. The stressed 2016s Some of the 2016s that have been strongly affected by the frost ...
- Le Roi Chambertin – Gevrey Galore Thursday offered the possibility to attend Le Roy Chambertin, a annual tasting held in connection with the Hospice de Beaune auction – in Gevrey Chambertin and by the producers of Gevrey. Most producers are attending generously providing cask samples of some of their wines – this year the 2016 vintage. Thanks a lot to all the ...
- The Barrel After almost three weeks of tastings, a lot of beautiful moments with the lovely people of Burgundy the mind starts to drift … sometimes in mysterious ways. On my tastings this month I met a barrel from a prominent and distinct tonnelier. He was on his second shift, and had spend the first time with a ...
- More tastings of the 2016s – exiting and delightful A very busy week with plenty of tastings – covering a large part of Burgundy. From Morey to Santenay in just the last days – meeting a lot of nice people making wines with love and talent. I’m always surprised how many new and fine estates one can find just scratching the surface. Domaine du Comte ...
- Insight 2016 reds – the cool wines from Vosne-Romanée After tasting several producers making a range of Vosne-Romanée and Flagey-Echezeaux wines it’s pretty clear that the 2016s from these ares are divided in two groups – the ones seriously affected by the April frost, and the others not touched significantly by the frost. Related articles
- Impressions from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti and Cathiard Thursday was a busy day, starting out with a memorable tasting at Domaine de la Romanée-Conti. First out a tasting of the 2016 vintage from cask with Alexandre Bernier, the righthand man of Bernard Noblet. Related articles