The Clos du Chateau 2009 is a beautiful wine – slightly more advanced than the bottle tasted a week before in Beaune .. and with a more forward expression. In the bouquet fine fruityness with red and dark forest berries, fine Vosne spices + hints of violets ans peony rose. On the palate a big step up in concentrarion from the 2006 and 2007 version of this wine. The fruit is quite lush and rich for the level, but beautifully focused by the excellent minerality from the fine terroir. A intense and beautiful wine … highly recommended.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Hospices de Beaune, Mazis-Chambertin Cuvée Madeleine Collignon 2013 February 23, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Hospices de Beaune, Echezeaux Cuvee Jean-Luc Bissey 2013 June 28, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 June 24, 2016
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting of the 2015s update On my November trip I had the opportunity to retaste the 2015s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – the wines I first tasted in June 2016. The 2015 lineup did look both impressive and delightful in June, but I had question marks regarding a few wines that I wanted to calibrate. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair – June 2016 Tasting of ...
- One of the keys to find the best 2015 red Burgundies I have tasted 2015 Burgundy reds in March, June and November 2016 and found some special wines in this vintage – wines with extraordinary qualities .. wines that seem to have an extra level of energy and tension. In June I struggled to see the pattern and the key to find these wines – but finally ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Les Chaumes Vosne-Romanee Les Chaumes is a large 1er cru, and while its well know the quality produced from this vineyard is still rather mixed. As new generations take over – more and more fine examples of Les Chaumes does however reach the market. One of the best I have tasted recently is the 2015 from Domaine du ...