The Clos du Chateau 2009 is a beautiful wine – slightly more advanced than the bottle tasted a week before in Beaune .. and with a more forward expression. In the bouquet fine fruityness with red and dark forest berries, fine Vosne spices + hints of violets ans peony rose. On the palate a big step up in concentrarion from the 2006 and 2007 version of this wine. The fruit is quite lush and rich for the level, but beautifully focused by the excellent minerality from the fine terroir. A intense and beautiful wine … highly recommended.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 July 2, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2009 June 28, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2011 June 28, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2008 June 28, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 June 26, 2015
- The Essence of La Romanee The celebration of the 200 years anniversary of the Liger-Belair family in Burgundy offered the opportunity to taste 12 vintages of La Romanee from 2002 to 2013. This is a rare treat indeed, and it gave me the chance to explore this magnificent terroir in depth – to find the esssence of La Romanee if you ...
- 200 years, 72 bottles of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair A magnificent tasting today with 72 bottles of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair celebrating the 200 years anniversary of the Liger-Belair family in Burgundy. And what a celebration of great wines … overwhelming is the first word that comes to mind when you taste so many brilliant wines. The wines came from all the vintages made by Louis-Michel ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Les Petits Monts Louis-Michel Liger-Belair is in my view producing one of the very best wines from the somewhat overlooked Vosne-Romanee Les Petits Monts. First vintage was 2006 starting out at a fine level with quality improving year after year arriving at a truly delightful level from 2010 and onwards. A very sexy and delicate wine … worth exploring. ...