The Clos du Chateau 2011 is a quite adorable Vosne village. The nose is offering delicate red berry fruit with loads of stony minerality and Vosne spices – hints of violets and peony rose. On the palate lovely harmonious fruit – refined and focused for this level – and all is focused by the excellent minerality from this fine lieu-dit terroir. It’s not a dense wine like the 2009, but more a wine of finesse and poise. Need some time to integrate the oak fully – a lovely terroir driven Vosne village.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2013 November 7, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 August 12, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2007 August 3, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2006 August 2, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2005 July 30, 2015
- Impressions Bizot, Liger-Belair and Cathiard 2014 Monday offered tastings of the 2014 vintage from three of my favorite Vosne-Romanee producers – Domaine Bizot, Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair and Domaine Cathiard. The tastings confirmed the loverly drinkability of the 2014s … the quality is high and this vintage should not be forgotten in the midst of the 2015 hype. Domaine Bizot My first visit here ...
- A new grand cru from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair The 2015 harvest offered surprising and interesting news from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair as it was revealed that a Clos de Vougeot was added to the Liger-Belair lineup in 2015. Photo by Constance Liger-Belair So what do we know about the Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Clos de Vougeot so far? Facts about the Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Clos ...
- The Essence of La Romanee The celebration of the 200 years anniversary of the Liger-Belair family in Burgundy offered the opportunity to taste 12 vintages of La Romanee from 2002 to 2013. This is a rare treat indeed, and it gave me the chance to explore this magnificent terroir in depth – to find the esssence of La Romanee if you ...