The Clos du Chateau 2011 is a quite adorable Vosne village. The nose is offering delicate red berry fruit with loads of stony minerality and Vosne spices – hints of violets and peony rose. On the palate lovely harmonious fruit – refined and focused for this level – and all is focused by the excellent minerality from this fine lieu-dit terroir. It’s not a dense wine like the 2009, but more a wine of finesse and poise. Need some time to integrate the oak fully – a lovely terroir driven Vosne village.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2007 April 23, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Nuits-St-Georges Clos des Grandes Vignes 2013 April 3, 2015
- Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots – a fragmented delight The Aux Reignots is in my view one of the most interesting 1er crus of Cote de Nuits – its perhaps not quite in the same popularity league as Vosne-Romanee Cros Parantoux, Aux Malconsorts or Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses, but the focus on this terroir has increased dramatically during the last 10 to 15 years. Louis-Michel ...
- Visit – Tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair 2013 from cask On my November 2014 trip to Burgundy I had the opportunity to taste the 2013s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Expectations were high after tasting some very fine 2013s at other Domaines .. needless to say – I was not disappointed – the 2013s from Liger-Belair are very fine indeed. Tasting of the 2013s from Domaine ...
- Burgundy November 2014 – Day Three Third day in Burgundy … four visits .. Domaine Dublere, Domaine Cathiard, Domaine Robert Sirugue and last but not least Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Domaine Dublere A very fine visit with owner and winemaker extraordinaire Blair Pethel. The 2013s from Dublere are very well made and delightful all the way from the Bourgogne Blanc to the Volnay ...