The Clos du Chateau 2011 is a quite adorable Vosne village. The nose is offering delicate red berry fruit with loads of stony minerality and Vosne spices – hints of violets and peony rose. On the palate lovely harmonious fruit – refined and focused for this level – and all is focused by the excellent minerality from this fine lieu-dit terroir. It’s not a dense wine like the 2009, but more a wine of finesse and poise. Need some time to integrate the oak fully – a lovely terroir driven Vosne village.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne La Colombiere 2012 July 28, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne La Colombiere 2011 June 27, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2012 May 6, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2008 April 12, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne La Colombiere 2011 February 24, 2014
- In the glass – 2011 vs 2012 red Burgundy I was very impressed and delighted when I tasted the 2012 reds from cask, and recent tastings of the first 2012s from bottle more than confirm the very positive first impressions.This week we had a modest and relaxed lunch at Restaurant Enomania in Copenhagen, and we had a few top end 2011s and some ...
- Tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair 2012 from cask On my September trip to Burgundy I had he opportunity to taste the 2012s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. I tasted some of the wines already in March 2013 – and they showed great promise – so I was very exited to taste the whole range.Needless to say – I was not disappointed – the ...
- Visit at Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – March 2013 This year I had the opportunity to taste some 2011s and 2012 from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair at a tasting the day after the Trilogie en Cote de Nuits.The tasting program comprised of some of the 2011s not presented at the Trilogie, and some of the 2012 wines – including the white from the new ...