The Clos du Chateau 2011 is a quite adorable Vosne village. The nose is offering delicate red berry fruit with loads of stony minerality and Vosne spices – hints of violets and peony rose. On the palate lovely harmonious fruit – refined and focused for this level – and all is focused by the excellent minerality from this fine lieu-dit terroir. It’s not a dense wine like the 2009, but more a wine of finesse and poise. Need some time to integrate the oak fully – a lovely terroir driven Vosne village.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2009 May 1, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2015 December 15, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 December 5, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2011 December 2, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2011 July 20, 2017
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Re-tasting of the 2016s from cask Re-taste of the 2016s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair … a delightful occupation. I first tasted the 2016s in June 2017, and while most of the wines showed well on that occasion, the extra six months of elevage have defined, detailed and clarified the picture of the wines. No doubt Louis-Michel Liger-Belair have done very well ...
- More tastings of the 2016s – exiting and delightful A very busy week with plenty of tastings – covering a large part of Burgundy. From Morey to Santenay in just the last days – meeting a lot of nice people making wines with love and talent. I’m always surprised how many new and fine estates one can find just scratching the surface. Domaine du Comte ...
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting of the 2016s Back to where it all began – when Winehog was conceived in July 2011 – at a tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Back then it was the 2010 vintage now its the 2016 edition – how time flies! While the 2010 vintage still is my favourite vintage from this estate – I do think the ...