The Clos du Chateau 2011 is a quite adorable Vosne village. The nose is offering delicate red berry fruit with loads of stony minerality and Vosne spices – hints of violets and peony rose. On the palate lovely harmonious fruit – refined and focused for this level – and all is focused by the excellent minerality from this fine lieu-dit terroir. It’s not a dense wine like the 2009, but more a wine of finesse and poise. Need some time to integrate the oak fully – a lovely terroir driven Vosne village.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 March 17, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Romanee Clos du Chateau 2014 March 17, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes Blanc 2014 March 15, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 March 14, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 March 14, 2016
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Aux Cras One of my favorite wines from the Nuits-Saint-Georges is the Aux Cras made by Louis-Michel Liger-Belair. It has all the qualities I look for in a Burgundian wine – it’s very enjoyable, it’s pure and transparent and first and foremost it offers a lovely expression of the “almost” Vosne terroir. Aux Cras or Les Cras was somewhat ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Aux Brulées Aux Brulées is pretty fragmented and the production of some of the fine wines made from this lovely 1er cru is sadly very limited indeed. One of the rarest birds is the Aux Brulées from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Firstly the production is very limited, secondly and more importantly the wine is not sold commercially. It’s nevertheless ...
- Tasting of the 2014s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair On my November 2015 trip to Burgundy I had the opportunity to taste the 2014s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. As usual I entered the gate to Chateau Vosne-Romanee with high expectations and was greeted by a cheerful Louis-Michel Liger-Belair and his very large but lovely dog Arak. Constance and Louis-Michel Liger-Belair The scene was set to ...