The Clos du Chateau 2011 is a quite adorable Vosne village. The nose is offering delicate red berry fruit with loads of stony minerality and Vosne spices – hints of violets and peony rose. On the palate lovely harmonious fruit – refined and focused for this level – and all is focused by the excellent minerality from this fine lieu-dit terroir. It’s not a dense wine like the 2009, but more a wine of finesse and poise. Need some time to integrate the oak fully – a lovely terroir driven Vosne village.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Hospices de Beaune, Echezeaux Cuvee Jean-Luc Bissey 2013 June 28, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 June 24, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 March 17, 2016
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting of the 2015 vintage Back where it all started five years ago – tasting at Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. The Winehog blog was conceptualized during a tasting at Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair in July 2011 – a tasting that also had the partizipation of Clive Coates and Roy Richards of Richards Wallford. It was a very memorable tasting where we tasted ...
- More impressions of the 2015 vintage On my third day of visits in Burgundy I had four tasings … Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Domaine Hereztyn-Mazzini, Albert Bichot and lastly Domaine Nicolas Faure. The visits confirmed the high quality of the 2015 vintage, but also some indications of the challenges for those who harvested later. The tastings also show that some individual wines ...
- Terroir Insight: Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Château Clos du Château is sort of a signature wine for Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. A very expressive Vosne Village made from a vineyard that used to be a part of the park around Château Vosne-Romanee. It’s a magnificent village … one of the very best in my view … often offering a forward and charming expression ...