The 2004 Vosne-Romanee La Colombiere from Liger-Belair is showing matured notes. The bouquet is open and charming with quite intense red fruit aromas – red and dark cherries, a hint of strawberries and raspberries – and a beautiful whiff of rose petals and Vosne spices. After some air the fruit on the palate is forward and quite silky with charming notes of sweet red berry coulis. The fruit is juicy and quite intense with quite some tannins and acidity in the fresh finish. Less developed than the last bottle tasted in April 2011 … so will keep – but is a lovely wine now. Impressive village effort for this vintage.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2007 April 23, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Nuits-St-Georges Clos des Grandes Vignes 2013 April 3, 2015
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Les Petits Monts Louis-Michel Liger-Belair is in my view producing one of the very best wines from the somewhat overlooked Vosne-Romanee Les Petits Monts. First vintage was 2006 starting out at a fine level with quality improving year after year arriving at a truly delightful level from 2010 and onwards. A very sexy and delicate wine … worth exploring. ...
- Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots – a fragmented delight The Aux Reignots is in my view one of the most interesting 1er crus of Cote de Nuits – its perhaps not quite in the same popularity league as Vosne-Romanee Cros Parantoux, Aux Malconsorts or Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses, but the focus on this terroir has increased dramatically during the last 10 to 15 years. Louis-Michel ...
- Visit – Tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair 2013 from cask On my November 2014 trip to Burgundy I had the opportunity to taste the 2013s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Expectations were high after tasting some very fine 2013s at other Domaines .. needless to say – I was not disappointed – the 2013s from Liger-Belair are very fine indeed. Tasting of the 2013s from Domaine ...