The 2004 Vosne-Romanee La Colombiere from Liger-Belair is showing matured notes. The bouquet is open and charming with quite intense red fruit aromas – red and dark cherries, a hint of strawberries and raspberries – and a beautiful whiff of rose petals and Vosne spices. After some air the fruit on the palate is forward and quite silky with charming notes of sweet red berry coulis. The fruit is juicy and quite intense with quite some tannins and acidity in the fresh finish. Less developed than the last bottle tasted in April 2011 … so will keep – but is a lovely wine now. Impressive village effort for this vintage.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2015 December 15, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 December 5, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2011 December 2, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2011 July 20, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 June 28, 2017
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Re-tasting of the 2016s from cask Re-taste of the 2016s from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair … a delightful occupation. I first tasted the 2016s in June 2017, and while most of the wines showed well on that occasion, the extra six months of elevage have defined, detailed and clarified the picture of the wines. No doubt Louis-Michel Liger-Belair have done very well ...
- More tastings of the 2016s – exiting and delightful A very busy week with plenty of tastings – covering a large part of Burgundy. From Morey to Santenay in just the last days – meeting a lot of nice people making wines with love and talent. I’m always surprised how many new and fine estates one can find just scratching the surface. Domaine du Comte ...
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting of the 2016s Back to where it all began – when Winehog was conceived in July 2011 – at a tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Back then it was the 2010 vintage now its the 2016 edition – how time flies! While the 2010 vintage still is my favourite vintage from this estate – I do think the ...