The Vosne Colombiere from Liger-Belair is really showing the virtues of the 2011 vintage. In the nose delicate red berry fruit – raspberries with hints of liquorice, vanilla, oak, violets and peony rose. On the palate crisp and lush fruit – with a good density for the level. It’s well balanced with nice firm tannins and a quite vibrant nervy acidity. A lovely classic Vosne village – quite adorable in my view.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2011 July 20, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 June 28, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2009 June 21, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Visit Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting of the 2016s Back to where it all began – when Winehog was conceived in July 2011 – at a tasting of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Back then it was the 2010 vintage now its the 2016 edition – how time flies! While the 2010 vintage still is my favourite vintage from this estate – I do think the ...
- Wine of the Month – June 2017 Wine of the Month is a way of celebrating the wine in the glass. Each month I will find a lovely and gratifying wine – not the greatest, not the best … but a interesting and enjoyable wine on the day … or as Clive Coates so eloquently puts it – a wine worthy ...
- The red 2016s – Impressions and first insights After running through my tasting notes from my June 2017 trip I have updated my impressions on the 2016 red Burgundies. Thibaud Clerget of Domaine Y. Clerget. I will update these impressions as I taste more 2016s over the next year, and add more insights ass I find them. Red Burgundies 2016 – style and impressions The 2016 red ...