The Vosne Colombiere from Liger-Belair is really showing the virtues of the 2011 vintage. In the nose delicate red berry fruit – raspberries with hints of liquorice, vanilla, oak, violets and peony rose. On the palate crisp and lush fruit – with a good density for the level. It’s well balanced with nice firm tannins and a quite vibrant nervy acidity. A lovely classic Vosne village – quite adorable in my view.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2011 July 20, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 June 28, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2009 June 21, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Wine of the Month – June 2017 Wine of the Month is a way of celebrating the wine in the glass. Each month I will find a lovely and gratifying wine – not the greatest, not the best … but a interesting and enjoyable wine on the day … or as Clive Coates so eloquently puts it – a wine worthy ...
- The red 2016s – Impressions and first insights After running through my tasting notes from my June 2017 trip I have updated my impressions on the 2016 red Burgundies. Thibaud Clerget of Domaine Y. Clerget. I will update these impressions as I taste more 2016s over the next year, and add more insights ass I find them. Red Burgundies 2016 – style and impressions The 2016 red ...
- Terroir Insight: Comte Liger-Belair NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes One of my favorite parts of Burgundy is Premeaux – and since I seem to be the only one to think that Premeaux should have its own appellation – l think its fair to assume that it will continue to be a part of Nuits-Saint-Georges for now. I have covered many of the Premeaux monopoles, but ...