The Vosne Colombiere from Liger-Belair is really showing the virtues of the 2011 vintage. In the nose delicate red berry fruit – raspberries with hints of liquorice, vanilla, oak, violets and peony rose. On the palate crisp and lush fruit – with a good density for the level. It’s well balanced with nice firm tannins and a quite vibrant nervy acidity. A lovely classic Vosne village – quite adorable in my view.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2008 October 4, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2008 September 16, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne La Colombiere 2012 July 28, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne La Colombiere 2011 June 27, 2014
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2012 May 6, 2014
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Echezeaux Louis-Michel Liger-Belair is in my view producing one of the very best wines from the large and very diverse Echezeaux vineyard. First vintage was 2006 and quality improving year after year arriving at a truly outstanding level from 2010 and onwards. A very interesting wine in many ways … so lets take a closer look at the ...
- La Tâche – a historic view on a legendary grand cru La Tâche is a legendary grand cru with a quite interesting history. It has always been a monopole – but nevertheless the monopole status have been challenged and the vineyard expanded quite dramatically within the last 100 years. The history of La Tâche involves some of the most prominent domaines in Vosne, the neighburing Les Gaudichots ...
- In the glass – 2011 vs 2012 red Burgundy I was very impressed and delighted when I tasted the 2012 reds from cask, and recent tastings of the first 2012s from bottle more than confirm the very positive first impressions. This week we had a modest and relaxed lunch at Restaurant Enomania in Copenhagen, and we had a few top end 2011s and some ...