The Nuits Saint Georges Les Cras is a slightly overlooked wine from Liger-Belair. Les Crass 2011 is a very nice effort – with loads of pure nuanced fruit. The bouquet is showing beautiful red and darker fruit aromas – refined and charming. On the palate a quite focused wine with a wonderful mineral note. I normally prefer the Vosne Romanee wines, but this is really a fine wine.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2014 July 7, 2016
- Hospices de Beaune, Echezeaux Cuvee Jean-Luc Bissey 2013 June 28, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 June 25, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2014 June 24, 2016
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Clos des Grandes Vignes 2014 March 17, 2016
- More impressions of the 2015 vintage On my third day of visits in Burgundy I had four tasings … Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Domaine Hereztyn-Mazzini, Albert Bichot and lastly Domaine Nicolas Faure. The visits confirmed the high quality of the 2015 vintage, but also some indications of the challenges for those who harvested later. The tastings also show that some individual wines ...
- Terroir Insight: Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Château Clos du Château is sort of a signature wine for Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. A very expressive Vosne Village made from a vineyard that used to be a part of the park around Château Vosne-Romanee. It’s a magnificent village … one of the very best in my view … often offering a forward and charming expression ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, NSG Aux Cras One of my favorite wines from the Nuits-Saint-Georges is the Aux Cras made by Louis-Michel Liger-Belair. It has all the qualities I look for in a Burgundian wine – it’s very enjoyable, it’s pure and transparent and first and foremost it offers a lovely expression of the “almost” Vosne terroir. Aux Cras or Les Cras was somewhat ...