I rarely taste the wines of Domaine Jean-Jacques Confuron these days – and while I have never been blown away by wines from this estate – Winehogs do not take off by a slight gust of wind or a mere breeze of quality – I have however had some quite nice wines from this estate over the years.
Yesterday I however had the chance to taste the 2012 Chambolle-Musigny from Confuron – and sadly this left me stading very firmly on the ground .. mostly in disappointment. The nose is already quite expressive – quite high VA it seems – with a somewhat cooked fruit and a lot of spices – curry and violets. On the palate quite weighty – fruit somewhat stewed/cooked and sadly not very pure and energetic it seems … leaving a somewhat laclustre impression. Not a poor wine – of course – but not really recommendable to be brutally honest.
(Drink From ?) – Average – (79p) – Tasted 10/05/2017
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine J.-J. Confuron, Chambolle-Musigny 2012 May 11, 2017
- J.-J. Confuron, Romanee Saint Vivant 2001 December 4, 2011
- J.-J. Confuron, Nuit St. Georges Aux Boudots 2007 December 1, 2011
- J.- J. Confuron, Clos de Vougeot 2004 November 30, 2011
- Jean-Jacques Confuron, Nuit-Saint-Georges Les Chabaeufs 2004 August 29, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...