The Vosne Romanee Les Croix Rameau 1999 from Cacheux was a very pleasent surprise – a delightful wine just beginning to unfold – after quite many years of sleep. The nose is offering red and dark fruit – dark cherries, hints of sous-bois – vivid and fresh. On the palate nicely structured, lovely fruit and develops well in the glass. Some years still to unfold fully – yet lovely now in a slightly rustic way.
(Drink from Now) – Fine (91 – 92p) – Tasted 17/10/2018.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Vosne La Croix Rameau 1999 November 1, 2018
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Vosne La Croix Rameau 1999 August 30, 2013
- Jacques Cacheux, Vosne Romanee 2006 September 2, 2012
- Jacques Cacheux, Le Croix Rameau 2004 September 10, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...