The Echezeaux 2009 from Jean Grivot is a gorgeous wine. The bouquet is crammed with minerality, red fruit – cherries, raspberries – and spiced with peony rose, allspice and liquorice. On the palate rich and harmonious red fruit – focused by the beautiful minerality from the Cruots climate – and finely balanced by the nice acidity. The fruit is very fresh and vibrant for a 2009. One of the best wines made on Echezeaux in 2009 – very impressive indeed.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux-Monts 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Echezeaux 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2008 March 19, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2007 November 30, 2014
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 June 30, 2014
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots Vosne Romanee Aux Reignots is becoming more and more acclaimed as the quality increases – and while good wines were made before 2000 the quality today from several top producers like Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Domaine Grivot and Domaine Cathiard is much higher – and this places Aux Reignots amongst the most interesting terroirs of ...
- Visit Domaine Grivot – initial impressions of the 2015s I have followed Domaine Grivot over the last 10 to 15 years and been very impressed by the progress since 2007. The quality has improved significantly every year, and the style has changed to a more refined and terroir driven expression of pinot. The 2014s were magnificent, and I was therefore delighted when I had the ...
- Burgundy day one and two … the truly delightful 2015 vintage I’m now on day two of my June Burgundy trip .. five magnificent tastings so far – Domaine Michéle et Patrice Rion, Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüè, Domaine Heitz-Lochardet. Domaine Jean Grivot and Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg. It’s very humid in Burgundy .. more rain today … and the forecast say more rain in the following days … ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Jean Grivot Richebourg Domaine Grivot is one of the top end producers on Richebourg in my view only surpassed by DRC and Domaine Leroy – and quite evenly matched or even better than Domaine Meo-Camuzet and Domaine Anne Gros. While the Grivot family has been in Vosne-Romanee since the late 18th cenury … the ownership of Richebourg is however ...
- Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots – a fragmented delight The Aux Reignots is in my view one of the most interesting 1er crus of Cote de Nuits – its perhaps not quite in the same popularity league as Vosne-Romanee Cros Parantoux, Aux Malconsorts or Chambolle-Musigny Les Amoureuses, but the focus on this terroir has increased dramatically during the last 10 to 15 years. Louis-Michel ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...