The Echezeaux 2009 from Jean Grivot is a gorgeous wine. The bouquet is crammed with minerality, red fruit – cherries, raspberries – and spiced with peony rose, allspice and liquorice. On the palate rich and harmonious red fruit – focused by the beautiful minerality from the Cruots climate – and finely balanced by the nice acidity. The fruit is very fresh and vibrant for a 2009. One of the best wines made on Echezeaux in 2009 – very impressive indeed.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! I use my own rating system here at Winehog.org. I don’t use the 100 point scale anymore – but changed to a quite simple scale inspired by some of the British wine journalists. Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is ...