The Roty Griotte-Chambertin is a rather solid bloke – solidly build and still with a firm tannic structure. In the bouquet quite intense with weighty red and darkberry fruit, hints of soy, sous-bois. Quite mineral and still with some miles to go – a quite full wine with plenty of stuffing. A sturdy wine to be honest – but it had it’s lovely moments in my glass. A rare bird ..
(Drink From 2022) – Very Fine – (93 – 94p) – Tasted 07/10/2018
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Joseph Roty, Griotte Chambertin 1996 October 21, 2018
- Domaine Joseph Roty, Charmes Chambertin 1996 February 17, 2015
- Joseph Roty, Charmes Chambertin 2002 January 9, 2013
- Joseph Roty, Charmes Chambertin 2001 December 14, 2012
- Joseph Roty, Mazis Chambertin 2006 July 11, 2012
- Joseph Roty, Charmes Chambertin 2001 October 12, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Joseph Roty, Charmes-Chambertin One of the best wines produced from Charmes-Chambertin is in my view is the tremendous Charmes-Chambertin Tres Vieilles Vignes from Domaine Joseph Roty. While Domaine Joseph Roty is very discrete presumably avoiding publicity, they do however make strong statements with their wines. They have consistently produced great wines over the last decades. I have had the pleasure ...
- Vineyard Insight: Griotte-Chambertin Griotte-Chambertin has a special place in my Burgundy heart – as it was one of the first Grand Crus I acquired when I began to collect Burgundies around 1990. I adore a good Griotte as it often seems to offer both drinkability and delicate complexity not often found in a Gevrey – aside form the magnificent ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...