Best wine of the evening – Chevalier Montrachet from Leflaive. The bouquet is still very tight and youthful. Notes of gun powder and a strong minerality. The palate slighly more developed, with a huge minerality and great length. Very focused and balanced … but only showing a small part of the huge potential. Need 10 years more in the cellar.
(Drink From 2020) Outstanding – 96p
Tasted 28/09/2011 at Gustavs Bistro
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 2004 July 20, 2017
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 2008 February 20, 2017
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 2006 December 22, 2016
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2000 October 11, 2016
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Clavoillon 2014 September 1, 2016
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier Montrachet 2007 October 14, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Batard Montrachet 2007 September 26, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Batard Montrachet 1996 July 11, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier-Montrachet 2010 April 13, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevallier-Montrachet 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Batard-Montrachet 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Bienvenues Batard-Montrachet 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Combettes 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Folatieres 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Clavoillon 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Meursault Sous le Dos d’Ane 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Bourgogne Blanc 2013 April 3, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Clavoillon 2012 January 23, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet 1996 January 4, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2010 May 30, 2014
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny Montrachet 1999 February 5, 2014
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2000 January 8, 2014
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Combettes 1996 January 3, 2014
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny Montrachet 2001 June 19, 2013
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 1996 March 27, 2013
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny-Montrachet Les Pucelles 2002 March 12, 2013
- Domaine Leflaive, Batard Montrachet 2010 February 25, 2013
- Domaine Leflaive, Puligny Montrachet 2010 November 28, 2012
- Visit Domaine Leflaive, Tasting of the 2015s from cask I was delighted that I had the opportunity to visit Domaine Leflaive on my March 2017 trip to Burgundy … to taste some of the 2015s with the new manager of the estate Pierre Vincent. Me and Leflaive – we go back many years – and she (Anne-Claude Leflaive) has given me some of the greatest ...
- Le Montrachet Six – A Historic Wine Last week it became clear that the April frost damage made it almost impossible to produce Montrachet for several owners on the Chassagne side of Montrachet – Le Montrachet. The April frost had reduced the yields by more than 90%, and therefore reduced size of the individual cuvées considerably. In some cases the size of harvest ...
- One Montrachet from six Domaines Due to the low yields caused by frost damage in April there will be no 2016 Montrachet from six owners of Montrachet. They will instead make one cuvée together – two casks equivalent to 600 bottles. It’s the estates Domaine de la Romanee-Conti, Comte Lafon, Domaine Leflaive, Guy Amiot, Lamy Pillot an Domaine Fleurot – who ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Leflaive Chevalier-Montrachet One of the quite legendary whites of Burgundy is the Domaine Leflaive Chevalier-Montrachet – it’s not a Montrachet but nevertheless for many the top wine from Leflaive as the Montrachet is elusively rare. Domaine Lefalive is the second largest owner of Chevalier-Montrachet – Bouchard Pere et Fils is the largest – and have several beautifully located ...
- Odds and ends around Christmas and New Year I tasted quite a few interesting wines at social gatherings while celebrating Christmas and New Year. Lafon galore .. the good, the ugly Starting out with the whites I tasted three wines from Comte Lafon two 2004s – Les Perrieres and Les Charmes, and one sadly premoxed example of the 2001 Meursault Perrieres. The 2004 Meursault Charmes was ...
- Burgundy ramblings #1 – Drinking mature white Burgundies I adore … love … mature white Burgundies in top condition. Sadly it’s rare to find older vintages these days, as the premox problems have changed the market for white Burgundies and the consumption of these magnificent wines. The white Burgundies are – as I see it – consumed younger and while one could find matured ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Leflaive, Montrachet There are only few wines that can match the legendary status of Domaine Leflaive’s Montrachet. It’s a very rare wine, and most likely one of the best wines produced on this magnificent Grand Cru. Domaine Leflaive is a quite new owner on the Montrachet, as they acquired the plot in 1991, thus crowning their portfolio ...
- Visit at Domaine Leflaive – tasting the 2013 vintage I have been tasting, drinking and buying the Domaine Leflaive wines since the early 1990s – and always considered these wines to be among the very very best whites from Burgundy. To be honest I had some slight doubts in the mid 2000s … but from 2008 Domaine Leflaive seem to have improved quality even further ...
- Burgundy November 2014 – Day One First day in rainy Burgundy – two visits – first Domaine Dujac with Alec Seysess, tasting the 2013s from cask – secondly (feels completely wrong to write secondly in connection with this estate) Domaine Leflaive – where I had the priviledge to taste the 2013s with winemaker Eric Remy. Visit no 1: Domaine Dujac in ...
- Domaine Leflaive – Producer Profile Domaine Leflaive is one of the very best producers of white Burgundy. Leflaive is producing a big selection of whites, from Bourgogne Blanc to Montrachet – and all the wines are normally among the very best wines in their category. Leflaive is one of the legendary produceres of white Burgundy, and they have been at ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...