First wine from this Gevrey domaine … and what a lovely effort. In the nose red and dark berries .. forward and transparent .. offering considerable complexity and verve for this level with its detailed fruit and slightly chalky and salty minerality. On the palate very focused and energetic for the vintage .. with a beautiful definition of terroir … fine weight .. but still very refined, airy and lightfooted in the best way. A gorgeous Gevrey … among the top end village wines in the appellation .. really adored this glass.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Cuvée Alexandrine 2012 October 10, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Prieur 2014 October 4, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Cuvee Alexandrine 2014 October 4, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin La Justice 2014 October 3, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Vieilles Vignes 2014 October 3, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Cuvée Alexandrine 2012 April 21, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Prieur 2012 January 31, 2015
- Visit Domaine Marc Roy – tasting of the 2016 vintage 39 celsius … trying to find some shadow for the car on Place des Marronniers – then a short walk to Domaine Marc Roy. It’s burning hot and even the short trip across RN974 is daunting mid-day – Vikings are not made for these temperatures. At Domaine Marc Roy I find Marc Roy himself just back ...
- Initial Impressions – Domaine Marc Roy 2015 Domaine Marc Roy is in my view one of the best producers in Gevrey-Chambertin – with a very fine selection of village wines. Alexandrine Roy is the dynamic winemaker at Domaine Marc Roy and she has produced some lovely 2014s – wines I tasted in March 2015. The 2014s are now bottled and the 2015s ...
- Visit Domaine Marc Roy – tasting of the 2014 vintage One of the highly acclaimed “new” domaines in the Gevrey-Chambertin appelation is Domaine Marc Roy. I had until recently only tasted one bottle from this exiting estate, and that left me with a desire to explore these fine village wines further. I was therefore delighted when I had the opportunity to visit Domaine Marc Roy in ...
- Impressions from Domaine Roulot and Domaine Marc Roy Day 2 of my Burgundy trip included visits at Domaine Roulot in Meursault and Domaine Marc Roy in Gevrey Chambertin. Photo: Alexandrine Roy of Domaine Marc Roy One could say .. from one end of Burgundy to the other .. bad logistic planning from my side … but there is however a link. These two producers .. Jean-Marc ...