The Clos Prieur is a delighful wine from a special terroir located just below Mazis-Chambertin. In the nose delicate quite floral red fruit, cinnamon, and perfumed by a quite intense chalky/earthy minerality. On the palate crisp and cool with this fine chalkiness playing with the red berries. I love the expression in this wine … a delightful glass.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Cuvée Alexandrine 2012 October 10, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Prieur 2014 October 4, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Cuvee Alexandrine 2014 October 4, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin La Justice 2014 October 3, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Vieilles Vignes 2014 October 3, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Cuvée Alexandrine 2012 April 21, 2015
- Domaine Marc Roy, Gevrey Chambertin Clos Prieur 2012 January 31, 2015
- Visit Domaine Marc Roy – tasting of the 2016 vintage 39 celsius … trying to find some shadow for the car on Place des Marronniers – then a short walk to Domaine Marc Roy. It’s burning hot and even the short trip across RN974 is daunting mid-day – Vikings are not made for these temperatures. At Domaine Marc Roy I find Marc Roy himself just back ...
- Initial Impressions – Domaine Marc Roy 2015 Domaine Marc Roy is in my view one of the best producers in Gevrey-Chambertin – with a very fine selection of village wines. Alexandrine Roy is the dynamic winemaker at Domaine Marc Roy and she has produced some lovely 2014s – wines I tasted in March 2015. The 2014s are now bottled and the 2015s ...
- Visit Domaine Marc Roy – tasting of the 2014 vintage One of the highly acclaimed “new” domaines in the Gevrey-Chambertin appelation is Domaine Marc Roy. I had until recently only tasted one bottle from this exiting estate, and that left me with a desire to explore these fine village wines further. I was therefore delighted when I had the opportunity to visit Domaine Marc Roy in ...
- Impressions from Domaine Roulot and Domaine Marc Roy Day 2 of my Burgundy trip included visits at Domaine Roulot in Meursault and Domaine Marc Roy in Gevrey Chambertin. Photo: Alexandrine Roy of Domaine Marc Roy One could say .. from one end of Burgundy to the other .. bad logistic planning from my side … but there is however a link. These two producers .. Jean-Marc ...