The Echezeaux La Grande Complication is a quite new wine from Mongeard-Mugneret. It’s made from old vines, and is sort of replacing the Echezeaux Vieilles Vignes in the Mongeard lineup … the Vielles Vignes plot was donated to the Hospices de Beaune after the 2011 vintage. La Grande Complication is floral offering ripe red and dark cherries, asian spices and a healthy dose of oak. On the palate quite dense and weighty … very impressive midpalate concentration for this producer, offering a fine focus and a long quite intense finish. A fine to very fine Echezeaux in the making.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Mongeard Mugneret, Echezeaux Grande Complication 2012 December 20, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret, Savigny Les Narbantons 2012 March 6, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard Mugneret, Vosne Les Petits Monts 2011 March 4, 2015
- Mongeard-Mugneret, Pernand Vergelesses 1er cru 2010 February 22, 2013
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...