The rich and rather juicy 2012 vintage should suit the Mongeard-Mugneret wines – and somehow it does. The Savigny Nabantons is currently offering lovely pure red fruit on the nose .. oak well integrated. On the palate medium weight with a nice juicy midpalate fruit … nice balance .. with the oak a bit forward in the finish and a good earthy minerality. A good effort .. and seems like a step in the right direction.
Photo: Frederik Kreutzer
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Mongeard Mugneret, Echezeaux Grande Complication 2012 December 20, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret, Savigny Les Narbantons 2012 March 6, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard Mugneret, Vosne Les Petits Monts 2011 March 4, 2015
- Mongeard-Mugneret, Pernand Vergelesses 1er cru 2010 February 22, 2013
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...