The Petits Monts 2011 from Mongeard Mugneret is showing better than I expected. In the nose fine and fresh red berry fruit .. notes of raspberris and some darker foret berries supported by a nice minerlity .. the oak is remakably well integrated. On the palate nice and pure fruit .. but lacking some stuffing on the midpalate … and has a touch of the slight hollowness that I find in many Mongeard-Mugneret wines. Not a bad wine .. but it lacks some fruit and weight on the midpalate in my view.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Mongeard Mugneret, Echezeaux Grande Complication 2012 December 20, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret, Savigny Les Narbantons 2012 March 6, 2015
- Domaine Mongeard Mugneret, Vosne Les Petits Monts 2011 March 4, 2015
- Mongeard-Mugneret, Pernand Vergelesses 1er cru 2010 February 22, 2013
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...