The Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Chaignot – a 1er cru located between Damodes and Aux Thorey and above Aux Murgers and Vignerondes – in the area between Vosne-Romanee and Nuits-Saint-Georges. The nose here is more expressive with a lovely collection of red and dark berry fruit spiced with a nice minerality. On the palate vibrant with a beautilful rich and sweet mid-palate fruit – so typical for the vintage. It’s intense and elegant – a lovely NSG 1er in the making.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Ruchottes-Chambertin 2015 July 17, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Clos de Vougeot 2015 July 16, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2015 July 15, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Chambolle-Musigny Les Feusselottes 2015 July 14, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Chaignot 2015 July 13, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne-Romanee 2015 July 13, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 26, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2011 June 1, 2014
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2012 May 25, 2014
- Mugneret-Gibourg, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2011 March 26, 2014
- Visit at Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting of the 2016s from cask The 2016 vintage is a paradox … some were almost untouched by the April frost whereas others lost a large part of the harvest – with vineyards and plots just meters away. Mugneret-Gibourg was one of the estates that really suffered during the April harvest – and while it’s equally sad for all estates that ...
- Twilight Zone – Nuits-Saint-Georges Au Bas de Combe There are a lot of interesting terroirs in the Vosne-Romanee appellation itself and in the twilight zone between Nuits-Saint-Georges and Vosne-Romanee. This area is somewhat overlooked, but as the new generations of vignerons take on these terroirs, there are very fine wines to find from these vineyards. In the first article I covered Aux Réas and in ...
- Visit Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting of the 2015s Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg is one of the estates that I admire most in Burgundy. They have consistently produced beautiful wines each vintage over the last decades, and kept a quite unique and very authentic style in their wines. The domaine is managed by the two sisters Marie-Christine and Marie-Andrée – the daughters of Georges Mugneret who shaped ...
- Burgundy day one and two … the truly delightful 2015 vintage I’m now on day two of my June Burgundy trip .. five magnificent tastings so far – Domaine Michéle et Patrice Rion, Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüè, Domaine Heitz-Lochardet. Domaine Jean Grivot and Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg. It’s very humid in Burgundy .. more rain today … and the forecast say more rain in the following days … ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...