The Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Les Argillieres 2014 is a gorgeous wine … third time I taste this wine .. and it’s one of the best Bourgogne rouges I have ever tasted. The nose is offering organic fruit very floral – whole cluster and relatively low SO2. It’s bursting with red and dark forest berries – very detailed for this level and expressive. On the palate rich and weighty for a generic Bourgogne … well structured … with a nice expression of minerality. The fruit is detailed with fresh flavors of berries – very gratifying and vibrant. Nailed a Gevrey village from a known producer of very good – low SO2 wines – more weighty, more complex .. and drinking better. Truly delightful juice .. just amazing at this level.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligote La Corvees de Bully 2014 June 21, 2017
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2015 June 21, 2017
- Domaine Nicolas Faure, Bourgogne Aux Argillieres 2014 October 11, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2014 October 11, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Aloxe-Corton 2015 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aux Argillieres 2015 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Coteaux Bourguignons Mes Gamay 2015 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2015 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2014 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Herbues 2012 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligote La Corvees de Bully 2014 July 31, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure Bourgogne Aligote La Corvees de Bully 2015 July 30, 2016
- Domaine Nicolas Faure, Bourgogne Aux Argillieres 2014 June 23, 2016
- Visit Domaine Nicolas Faure, tasting of the 2016s from cask I do visit quite many estates – and there are many great moments, and highlights – but one of the most precious visits was my first tasting at Domaine Nicholas Faure in the summer of 2016. I came unprepared as I never tasted the wines before – but the tasting revealed a style and quality of ...
- The red 2016s – Impressions and first insights After running through my tasting notes from my June 2017 trip I have updated my impressions on the 2016 red Burgundies. Thibaud Clerget of Domaine Y. Clerget. I will update these impressions as I taste more 2016s over the next year, and add more insights ass I find them. Red Burgundies 2016 – style and impressions The 2016 red ...
- Visit at Domaine Nicolas Faure – mesmerizing wines I have travelled Burgundy many times, but never seen or even heard about the village Meuilley. The tasting at Domaine Nicolas Faure certainly put Meuilly on the map for me with one of the most invigorating and memorable tastings I have attended in years. Domaine Nicolas Faure is a new estate – first vintage was 2011 ...
- More impressions of the 2015 vintage On my third day of visits in Burgundy I had four tasings … Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Domaine Hereztyn-Mazzini, Albert Bichot and lastly Domaine Nicolas Faure. The visits confirmed the high quality of the 2015 vintage, but also some indications of the challenges for those who harvested later. The tastings also show that some individual wines ...