The Corton-Charlemagne from Domaine Poisot is a quite forward and charming Charlie . the bouquet is quite open with white orchard fruits, acacia and a lovely chalky mineralic base. On the palate pure yellow fruit with a very fine density and a long quite rich finish. The fruit is deep and quite dense – old vines, average age is 50 years. It’s quite accessible for a Corton-Charlemagne, and with a lovely expression of the terroir and the vintage. This is not a big and tough Charlie, but a charming quite approcable wine – lovely by my standards.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2007 February 25, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2008 February 23, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2006 February 22, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2007 February 21, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2008 February 1, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Pernand-Vergelesses en Caradeux 1er cru 2012 September 10, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2011 August 11, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2012 August 9, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton-Charlemagne 2011 August 8, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton-Charlemagne 2012 August 6, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2011 August 3, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2012 August 3, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Charlemagne 2010 March 5, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2009 February 27, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2009 February 20, 2013
- Tasting of Domaine Poisot 2012 from Cask Domaine Poisot is a “new” domaine run by the former navy captain Remi Poisot, who is now making wine from a fine portfolio of family vineyards. Remi began making wines before the harvest in 2009, and 2010 was his first full vintage – where he also did the work in the vineyards. The Poisot ...
- New producer on Romanee-Saint-Vivant – Domaine Poisot It’s rare to see new producers or owners on the big grand crus in Vosne Romanee, but during my work on the articles about Romanee-Saint-Vivant vineyard I discovered a new and for me unknown producer on this fine vineyard – Domaine Poisot.The story is however much more complex, as the history of the Poisot ...
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...