The Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2009 from Domaine Poisot is a refined and lovely wine. The bouquet is currently slightly closed (perhaps due to recent transport) but gradually showing more and more red fruit – cherries, raspberries – with hints of oak, coffee, liquorice and plum. On the palate beautiful refined red fruit – pure, deep and quite cool for the vintage – with a very fine and transparent expression of terroir. The midpalate concentration is fine with a tight and very pure expression of pinot fruit. The style is quite classical and pure with a very fine expression of the terroir. A refined and very impressive first effort from Remy Poisot. Looking forward to taste the next vintages from this new exiting producer.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2012 January 18, 2015
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2007 February 25, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2008 February 23, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2006 February 22, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2007 February 21, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee Saint-Vivant 2008 February 1, 2014
- Domaine Poisot, Pernand-Vergelesses en Caradeux 1er cru 2012 September 10, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2011 August 11, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2012 August 9, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton-Charlemagne 2011 August 8, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton-Charlemagne 2012 August 6, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2011 August 3, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2012 August 3, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Charlemagne 2010 March 5, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2009 February 27, 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2009 February 20, 2013
- Visit Domaine Poisot – tasting of 2013 and 2014 vintage Domaine Poisot is a quite “new” domaine run by the former navy captain Remi Poisot, who is now making wine from a fine portfolio of family vineyards. This was my second vist here, in the dark and very cold cellars under the beautiful Chateau Corton Grancy. Remi began making wines before the harvest in 2009, ...
- Burgundy Day Four … from Leroux to Poisot via Rheingau! The fourth day on my trip to Burgundy included three tastings .. Benjamin Leroux, Chantereves and Domaine Poisot. Here are some initial impressions .. tasting notes will follow. Benjamin Leroux – a fine selection of 2013s Benjamin Leroux is one of the most talented winemakers in Burgundy, and while this was my first visit at Maison Benjamin ...
- Tasting of Domaine Poisot 2012 from Cask Domaine Poisot is a “new” domaine run by the former navy captain Remi Poisot, who is now making wine from a fine portfolio of family vineyards. Remi began making wines before the harvest in 2009, and 2010 was his first full vintage – where he also did the work in the vineyards. The Poisot ...
- New producer on Romanee-Saint-Vivant – Domaine Poisot It’s rare to see new producers or owners on the big grand crus in Vosne Romanee, but during my work on the articles about Romanee-Saint-Vivant vineyard I discovered a new and for me unknown producer on this fine vineyard – Domaine Poisot. The story is however much more complex, as the history of the Poisot ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...