The Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2009 from Domaine Poisot is a refined and lovely wine. The bouquet is currently slightly closed (perhaps due to recent transport) but gradually showing more and more red fruit – cherries, raspberries – with hints of oak, coffee, liquorice and plum. On the palate beautiful refined red fruit – pure, deep and quite cool for the vintage – with a very fine and transparent expression of terroir. The midpalate concentration is fine with a tight and very pure expression of pinot fruit. The style is quite classical and pure with a very fine expression of the terroir. A refined and very impressive first effort from Remy Poisot. Looking forward to taste the next vintages from this new exiting producer.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Prices and store information is provided by wine-searcher.com
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Charlemagne 2010 March. 5. 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Corton Bressandes 2009 February. 27. 2013
- Domaine Poisot, Romanee-Saint-Vivant 2009 February. 20. 2013
- Tasting of Domaine Poisot 2012 from Cask Domaine Poisot is a “new” domaine run by the former navy captain Remi Poisot, who is now making wine from a fine portfolio of family vineyards. Remi began making wines before the harvest in 2009, and 2010 was his first full vintage – where he also did the work in the vineyards. The Poisot ...
- New producer on Romanee-Saint-Vivant – Domaine Poisot It’s rare to see new producers or owners on the big grand crus in Vosne Romanee, but during my work on the articles about Romanee-Saint-Vivant vineyard I discovered a new and for me unknown producer on this fine vineyard – Domaine Poisot. The story is however much more complex, as the history of the Poisot ...