The 1993 Clos de la Roche from Ponsot is a big wine … and after two decades of sleep it’s starting to show it’s qualities. The nose is still slightly closed with intense red and dark fruits pushing forward … after some time in the glas more nuanced sweeter berry notes appear. On the palate big, intense, large scaled – with a weigthy and relatively dark midpalate fruit – supported by the deep eathy minerality – a classic Clos de la Roche. A mighty wine – still unfolding – would give it 10 years more … then it will be absolutely magnificent. Please note .. a slight deposit in the bottle .. older Ponsot wines should be handled with care before and during serving.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 February 15, 2016
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1998 October 31, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2003 October 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1996 October 28, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2007 March 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2012 March 10, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte-Chambertin 1999 February 15, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1999 February 14, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2001 December 3, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Morey Les Alouettes 2011 March 10, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2011 February 27, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Chambolle Les Charmes 1999 August 25, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche Vieilles Vignes 2000 April 2, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2010 March 1, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 2002 October 18, 2012
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 March 19, 2012
- Sips and Samples – week 43 – 2011 October 28, 2011
- Domaine Ponsot Morey Saint Denis Cuvee des Alouettes 1999 July 5, 2011
- What we know: Laurent Ponsot to leave Domaine Ponsot I’m an old and rather sentimental guy at times … and the Ponsot news was a deep cut in my Bungundy roots. The first Grand Cru Burgundies I bought were two bottles of Clos de la Roche 1988 from Domaine Ponsot and some of the next were two bottles of Griottes-Chambertin 1990. This was more ...
- Breaking News – Laurent Ponsot to leave Domaine Ponsot It seems like Laurent Ponsot is going to leave the family business Domaine Ponsot – and start his own estate together with his son. Photo: Domaine Ponsot Update to article The development of this story does not currently provide a stable or consistent picture of the future situation. The latest interviw with Laurent Ponsot can be ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine des Chezeaux Griotte-Chambertin Domaine des Chezeaux is the largest owner of Griotte-Chambertin. They own two sections in total 1.57 ha equivalent to 60% of this small but lovely Grand Cru. The two sections are currently leased to Domaine Ponsot and Domaine Rene Leclerc, who has entered into a metayage agreement where Domaine des Chezeaux get a part of the ...