The Clos de la Roche 2011 from Ponsot is a very intense and special wine. In the nose delicate sweet almost perfumed ripe fruit with notes of forest strawberries, raspberries, liqueur … spiced with violets and a deep but discrete earthy minerality. The fruit in the nose is airy and delicate with no restraints from new oak. On the palate very ripe airy fruit …. outstanding midpalate weight and concentration …. culminating in a very balanced long finish with a very fine focusing acidity. The layers of ripe fruit infuse aromas of red berry fruit, prune and plum. A big and very special wine … with a unique balance between the rich, ripe and airy fruit and the framwork of intense minrality and crisp acidity. The sweet and ripe midpalate is currently a bit over the top for me …. nevertheless an outstanding wine.
Photo by Frederik Kreutzer
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 February 15, 2016
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Chapelle Chambertin 1998 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1998 October 31, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2003 October 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1996 October 28, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2007 March 30, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2012 March 10, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte-Chambertin 1999 February 15, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1999 February 14, 2015
- Domaine Ponsot, Gevrey-Chambertin Cuvee l’Abeille 2001 December 3, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Morey Les Alouettes 2011 March 10, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 2011 February 27, 2014
- Domaine Ponsot, Chambolle Les Charmes 1999 August 25, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche Vieilles Vignes 2000 April 2, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de Vougeot Vieilles Vignes 2010 March 1, 2013
- Domaine Ponsot, Griotte Chambertin 2002 October 18, 2012
- Domaine Ponsot, Clos de la Roche 1993 March 19, 2012
- Sips and Samples – week 43 – 2011 October 28, 2011
- Domaine Ponsot Morey Saint Denis Cuvee des Alouettes 1999 July 5, 2011
- What we know: Laurent Ponsot to leave Domaine Ponsot I’m an old and rather sentimental guy at times … and the Ponsot news was a deep cut in my Bungundy roots. The first Grand Cru Burgundies I bought were two bottles of Clos de la Roche 1988 from Domaine Ponsot and some of the next were two bottles of Griottes-Chambertin 1990. This was more ...
- Breaking News – Laurent Ponsot to leave Domaine Ponsot It seems like Laurent Ponsot is going to leave the family business Domaine Ponsot – and start his own estate together with his son. Photo: Domaine Ponsot Update to article The development of this story does not currently provide a stable or consistent picture of the future situation. The latest interviw with Laurent Ponsot can be ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine des Chezeaux Griotte-Chambertin Domaine des Chezeaux is the largest owner of Griotte-Chambertin. They own two sections in total 1.57 ha equivalent to 60% of this small but lovely Grand Cru. The two sections are currently leased to Domaine Ponsot and Domaine Rene Leclerc, who has entered into a metayage agreement where Domaine des Chezeaux get a part of the ...