The 2002 vintage was a big succes at Domaine Prieure-Roch, and the Les Hautes Maizieres is no exception. The bouquet is very expressive with organic red fruit – notes of strawberries, peony rose, cinnamon and allspice. On the palate rich and quite lush fruit – very expressive and mouth coating. It’s a fine wine for this level, but is somehow lacking the focus of a bigger terroir. A wine of pleasure – mature now and should be consumed within the next few years. Really enjoyed this wine.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Chambertin Clos de Bezé 2008 September 30, 2016
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Les Hautes Maiziéres 2005 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Chambertin Clos de Beze 2000 October 24, 2015
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er cru V.V. 2006 November 27, 2014
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Clos de Vougeot 2010 October 18, 2014
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er cru 2010 March 25, 2014
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Clos de Vougeot 2010 March 22, 2014
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Argillieres 2009 December 15, 2013
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Vosne Les Hautes Maizieres 2002 November 23, 2013
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Nuits-St-Georges Clos des Corvees 1999 November 22, 2013
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Vosne Les Hautes Maizieres 1996 August 31, 2013
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Chambertin Clos de Béze 2008 May 18, 2013
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Vosne Les Hautes Maizieres 2002 April 3, 2013
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Nuits-St-Georges Clos de Corvees 2000 December 25, 2012
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Vosne Romanee Clos Goillotte 2006 November 5, 2012
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Vosne-Romanee Clos Goilotte 2001 October 14, 2012
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Vosne Romanee Hautes Maizieres 2009 June 11, 2012
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Argillieres 2009 June 10, 2012
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Nuits 1er cru V.V. 2009 June 9, 2012
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Nuits Saint Georges “1” 2009 June 8, 2012
- Prieure Roch, Nuits Saint Georges Clos de Corvees 2000 March 26, 2012
- Prieure Roch, Vosne Romanee Clos Goillotte 2000 March 13, 2012
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Prieuré-Roch Chambertin Clos de Bèze Chambertin Clos de Bèze is a large vineyard with some prominent yet somehow a bit under the radar wines from otherwise known producers. One such is Domaine Prieure-Roch in Premeaux – owned by one Henri Frédéric Roch. To avid Burgundy collectors this name has a certain ring to it – and since it’s printed on the ...
- Terroir Insight: Prieuré Roch, Clos de Corvées One of the best wines from the Nuits-Saint-Georges appellation is in my view the Clos de Corvées from Domaine Prieuré Roch – a special cuvee made from a monopole within the Aux Corvées vineyard. It’s in many ways a quite unusual wine … conceptualized by a remarkable man – Henri-Frédéric Roch, the owner of Domaine Prieure ...
- Collins Corner #6 – Vosne-Romanee Haut Maizieres … Is the map of famous vineyards in Burgundy deceptive? My curiosity has always been aroused by the ‘unknown’ vines right next door. When you are standing in a hallowed plot, and a very short distance away is a big, old, symbolic vine that looks like it was born in another century….you can’t help ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...