The Chassagne Les Ruchottes 2007 from Ramonet was a true pleasure. The Bouquet was quite undevelloped, with a nice fresh and crisp fruit, a hint of mint and lemon aromas. Fine minerality while the oak was quite well absorbed in the fruit. On the palate fine balance between fruit and acidity – nice crisp freshness. Quite juicy fruit, good minerality and a hint of grapefruit in the finish. A very well balanced effort from Ramonet. Must say I’m getting more and more impressed by Domaine Ramonet – this is how a good white Burgundy should be – but rarely is!
(Drink from 2019) Fine – 92p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Vergers 2008 October 4, 2017
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Les Ruchottes 2014 May 19, 2017
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Vergers 2014 October 15, 2016
- Domaine Ramonet, Saint Aubin Les Charmois 2001 June 9, 2016
- Domaine Ramonet, Montrachet 1993 January 31, 2016
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Clos Saint-Jean 2011 October 25, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Boudriotte 2011 July 24, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Montrachet 2008 May 10, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Bienvenues-Batard Montrachet 2010 March 24, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Morgeot 2009 February 28, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Puligny-Montrachet 2012 November 24, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets 2011 November 20, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet 2011 March 13, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Clos St. Jean 2011 March 1, 2014
- Domaine Ramonet, Batard Montrachet 2010 December 19, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets 2010 March 29, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Montrachet 2008 March 24, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Morgeot 2010 March 13, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Rouge 2010 February 24, 2013
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets 2010 October 30, 2012
- Domaine Ramonet, Batard Montrachet 2006 October 19, 2012
- Domaine Ramonet, Bourgogne Blanc 2008 September 7, 2012
- Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Vergers 2008 April 3, 2012
- Sips and Samples #5 – New Year 2011 January 6, 2012
- Domaine Ramonet, Bourgogne Chardonnay 2009 November 25, 2011
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Les Ruchottes 2007 November 25, 2011
- Domaine Ramonet, Chassagne Montrachet Morgeot 2008 September 5, 2011
- Domaine Ramonet Bienvenue Batard Montrachet 2001 July 5, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Ramonet Chassagene-Montrachet Clos du Cailleret There is a new wine in the Domaine Ramonet portfolio in the 2014 vintage – Chassagne-Montrachet Clos du Cailleret – not to be confused with the Les Caillerets also coming from the Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets vineyard. So lets take a closer look at this new cuvée. Chassagne-Montrachet Les Caillerets – one appellation four or five vineyards The Chassagne ...
- Clos Saint-Jean … the red Grand Cru of Chassagne-Montrachet? I have always enjoyed a good glass of red Chassagne as they often offer a very lively and vibrant expression of pinot noir. Often have I been drinking these wines for mere pleasure and without analyzing the wines and taking a closer look at why I adore these somewhat overlooked beauties. Chassagne-Montrachet Clos Saint-Jean – Photo: Google ...
- Collins Corner #1 – in the quest for overlooked Burgundies This article is made by C. Robert Collins, who will be a guest writer here on winehog. I’m very pleased to have Bob on board, as this would enrich the blog with other views and angles – I hope you will enjoy his articles. You can read Bobs quite extensive biography here … covering more ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Ramonet Montrachet One of the greatest white wines in the world is in my view the Montrachet from Domaine Ramonet. I have been lucky enough to taste this magnificent and rare wine a few times, and the combination of effortless refinement and power is simply stunning. So lets take a closer look at the plot that produces this ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...