The Chames Chambertin 1996 was sadly not showing as well as the 1995 tasted at the same occation. It’s a fine wine .. still alive and kicking – but the 1996 never had the charming exuberant fruit of the 1995. This bottle was not perfect – presumably slightly tainted with a hint of brett – offering a somewhat flat fruit and a troubled bouquet. Drinkable but not fully enjoyable – sad as these wines are lovely when they really sing.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Serafin, Gevrey-Chambertin Les Corbeaux 2006 February 8, 2017
- Domaine Serafin, Charmes Chambertin 1996 January 16, 2017
- Domaine Serafin, Charmes Chambertin 1995 January 16, 2017
- Domaine Serafin, Charmes Chambertin 2007 August 7, 2013
- Domaine Serafin, Gevrey Chambertin Les Cazetiers 1999 June 26, 2013
- Domaine Serafin, Gevrey Chambertin 2007 August 27, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...