The Petot Chapelle 2004 from Domaine Trapet is quite mature. In the bouquet sweet cherry notes, with hints of gooseberries and caramel – seems almost chaptalized. On the palate slightly stewed in the fruit, strawbeeries and cherries. Not very long – slightly hollow in the mid palate. In the finish some vegetal notes. A quite disappointing wine from Trapet – but still drinkable!
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Trapet, Chambertin Vieilles Vignes 1989 October 14, 2015
- Domaine Trapet, Latricieres Chambertin 2012 January 18, 2015
- Domaine Trapet, Gevrey Chambertin 2012 January 17, 2015
- Domaine Trapet Pere et Fils, Latriciere Chambertin 1991 November 6, 2013
- Domaine Trapet, Gevrey Chambertin Petit Chapelle 2004 June 17, 2012
- Vineyard Insight: Latricières-Chambertin The Gevrey-Chambertin appellation is large with quite a lot of rather large Grand Crus generously allocated when the current classification was established. Not all plots of the Gevrey Grand Crus are of high standard, and yet still they are famous in the Burgundy world where names like Charmes Chambertin and Mazis Chambertin have a great ...
- Visit Domaine Trapet – Tasting the 2015s from cask I have been following the progress of Domaine Trapet over the years, and when I tasted the 2010s I got really exited and thrilled by the airy lightness that had entered the character of the wines. Not to be specific .. this could have happened at any point a few vintages earlier – but what I ...
- Matching the big crus – from Chambolle to Le Chambertin One rarely taste four evenly matched grand crus from the top end on a saturday afternoon. This was nevertheles the case today when Clos de Tart, Bonnes Mares from Vogüé and Roumier were opened with the Chambertin from Trapet. All wines were from the 2013 vintage .. young – surprisingly open and forward on this fine ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...