The Laveaux St. Jacques from Dugat-Py is starting to show some matured complexity. In the bouquet sweet red fruits – strawberries and raspberries – with notes of sous Bois, orange peel and tar. Powerful and muscular on the palate with a quite strong tannic grip in the finish … but not that far from being open. Starting to show some juicy red fruit on the midpalate – has good energy and fine length with a quite spicy acidity. Needs a few more years in the cellar to show more complexity on the palate. A fine wine … but slightly rustic.
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes 2011 March 5, 2014
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Lavaux Saint Jacques 1999 October 29, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur de Roy 1999 October 2, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2002 June 30, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Mazis Chambertin 2000 June 25, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Petite-Chapelle 2002 June 23, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Petite-Chapelle 1993 June 22, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2010 March 7, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Vosne Romanee Vieilles Vignes 2002 January 28, 2013
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey-Chambertin Laveaux Saint Jacques 2002 December 4, 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 1999 April 11, 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin Coeur du Roy 2002 February 9, 2012
- Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin VV 2002 August 26, 2011
- Bernard Dugat-Py, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2002 August 13, 2011
- In the Glass – Dugat-Py matured! Dugat-Py in Gevrey-Chambertin is in many ways a quite extreme producer, with very concentrated and intense wines. Some really adore his style, while others dislike the quite extracted wines he makes.While the level of extraction have been reduced since the 90s it’s still interesting to see how these more extracted vintages are ageing today. This weekend ...
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! I use my own rating system here at Winehog.org. I don’t use the 100 point scale anymore – but changed to a quite simple scale inspired by some of the British wine journalists. Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is ...