The Echezeaux 2007 from Emmanuel Rouget is currently showing very well. In the nose lovely expressive red fruit with hints of rose petals and liquorice. On the palate lovely quite openly knit red fruit with a fine expression of terroir. The midpalate is quite intense with a good energy – building up to the long and quite expressive finish. Perhaps lacking the refinement of the Echezeauxs from DRC and Liger-Belair – but love the balance and fruit expression – a fine and very enjoyable wine. Really impressive for the vintage!
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Prices and store information is provided by wine-searcher.com
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2007 October. 18. 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 1998 October. 16. 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2007 March. 9. 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2001 December. 12. 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne Romanee 2002 July. 4. 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2009 February. 11. 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2000 November. 16. 2011
- Emmanuel Rouget Cros Parantoux 2003 June. 27. 2011
- Video – Interview with Henri Jayer about Cros Parantoux A rare interview with the master himself Henri Jayer. Just found this short interview about Cros Parantoux on Youtube. Enjoy! Tasting Notes for this producer Related articles
- Echezeaux – Grand cru standard? Echézeaux is one of the largest grands crus of the whole Côte d’Or. It’s divided into a number of plots or climats the vineyard, located around the smaller Grands-Echézeaux. I have tasted some very good bottles of Echezeaux, but also some very poor bottles where only the label was an indication of its grand cru status. ...
- WineHog rating system – articulated Robert Parker!! I use my own 100 point rating system here at Winehog.org. Compared with other rating systems used by Robert Parker, Wine Spectator, Allen Meadows (BurgHound), I have more steps between 85 points and 100 points. The change of the rating system is due to the need to separate the many really good and fine wines rated ...