The Echezeaux 2007 from Emmanuel Rouget is currently showing very well. In the nose lovely expressive red fruit with hints of rose petals and liquorice. On the palate lovely quite openly knit red fruit with a fine expression of terroir. The midpalate is quite intense with a good energy – building up to the long and quite expressive finish. Perhaps lacking the refinement of the Echezeauxs from DRC and Liger-Belair – but love the balance and fruit expression – a fine and very enjoyable wine. Really impressive for the vintage!
Buy this wine - stores and prices
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2004 December 7, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne-Romanee 2011 June 21, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne Romanee 2011 April 13, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne Romanee 2002 January 9, 2014
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2007 October 18, 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 1998 October 16, 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2007 March 9, 2013
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2001 December 12, 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Vosne Romanee 2002 July 4, 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2009 February 11, 2012
- Emmanuel Rouget, Echezeaux 2000 November 16, 2011
- Emmanuel Rouget Cros Parantoux 2003 June 27, 2011
- Cros Parantoux – the sweet spot of Richebourg Vosne-Romanee Cros Parantoux is a mythical vineyard … with a reputation created by the legendary Henri Jayer. With a location just above and next to Richebourg this 1er cru is regarded as something very special. But the story of Cros Parantoux doesn’t start with Henri Jayer, the vineyard was known much earlier. So lets take a ...
- Video – Interview with Henri Jayer about Cros Parantoux A rare interview with the master himself Henri Jayer. Just found this short interview about Cros Parantoux on Youtube. Enjoy! Tasting Notes for this producer Related articles
- Echezeaux – Grand cru standard? Echézeaux is one of the largest grands crus of the whole Côte d’Or. It’s divided into a number of plots or climats the vineyard, located around the smaller Grands-Echézeaux. I have tasted some very good bottles of Echezeaux, but also some very poor bottles where only the label was an indication of its grand cru status. ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...